Which spot treatments actually work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sal said:
Hi all

At the moment I am getting quite a few spots on my chin - they all get squeezed because I just can't leave them alone! However I know that I am picking at them too much and causing scarring. I have freckles which help to hide marks but I want to stop picking!

Do any of you have a tried and trusted spot treatment that you can recommend to me?

I'd preferably like one that you apply when a spot first starts to appear, to prevent it from getting to that stage when it's ready to squeeze!

Thanks in advance x

Clinique make a product it's fantastic, it does exactly what you are after - well it works for me Clear Blemish Gel at £9.50 i have used it for nearly 8 years now and never looked to change.
http://www.clinique.co.uk/templates/products/multiproduct.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT1040

And it lasts ages as you only need a tiny bit....even better

Hth

Hi there,
well I've tried everything under the sun for spots and believe me everything I've tried only works for a while cos your system gets used to it, even anitbiotics!
Honestly the best thing I have found is to cleanse, tone and moisturise.
I have been using Olay products for this now for at least 18months and my skin has settled down beautifully. It is not expensive and Superdrug very often have excellent offers on it. You have to make sure you cleanse, tone and moisturise at night even if you don't feel like it cos it is worth it in the long run. In the mornings I don't cleanse and tone but I wash my face with Johnsons moisturising shower gel whilst I'm in the shower, then I moisturise.
Now for 99.9% of the time my face is blemish free. Try it!!

amberrose said:
hiya , quinoderm is very good but just a word of warning, it does say this on the instructions but i didn't bother to read it....it will bleach your towels...i had a brand new set of towels and flannels and didn't rinse my hands properly after using wiped my hands and thought nothing more, then a few hours later i noticed bleach marks on my lovely new towel and still didn't make the connection. A week later after washing all my towels every single one apart from the bath towels had bleach marks on. ruined.......my own fault.

xxx

DONZIE said:
Hi there,
well I've tried everything under the sun for spots and believe me everything I've tried only works for a while cos your system gets used to it, even anitbiotics!
Honestly the best thing I have found is to cleanse, tone and moisturise.
I have been using Olay products for this now for at least 18months and my skin has settled down beautifully. It is not expensive and Superdrug very often have excellent offers on it. You have to make sure you cleanse, tone and moisturise at night even if you don't feel like it cos it is worth it in the long run. In the mornings I don't cleanse and tone but I wash my face with Johnsons moisturising shower gel whilst I'm in the shower, then I moisturise.
Now for 99.9% of the time my face is blemish free. Try it!!

Hi Donna

I already do look after my face by cleansing and moisturising. However I have been a bit slack recently so maybe my chin is objecting to the occasional negligence!

I shall get back on the case with my facial care!

amberrose said:
oh also, sorry i forgot this, i will probably get screamed at here but i once read that a famous person used nail varnish remover on her spots and they cleared up, so i had a second head appearing on my chin and went to grab my nail varnish remover but grabbed my scrub freah instead, i used a little on a cotton bud and went to bed, next day completely gone !!! now when ever i feel a monster attack thats what i use. SCRUB FRESH..... ok you can all scream at me know ..... he he xxx

Now that's very resourceful Angie - we have to try that one!

You need to look at your diet as well, usually whats going on inside, shows on the outside. "you are what, you eat" as they say. Drink plenty of water to clear the system, eat veggie's and fruit and have a look at your lifestyle, usually hormones, stress can be a contribute to skin problems B vitamins are good for people with stress and zinc is good for the skin. Don't forget foods with vitamin C, D and E as well.

Latest posts

Back