Which spray tan machine shall i buy???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephynic

Reaction score
Hi there ive recently trained in spray tanning and cant wait to get started but finding it so difficult to decide which spray tan machine to buy, can anyone recommend a good system, i will be working mobile so it needs to be practical for that. Also what tan do most people recommend?? fake bake or tantrick?, good or bad reviews welcome....!! its a mind field out there, dont want to buy the wrong system....would rather research and get something im happy with....learnt with a HVLP compressor but read some people slate this....why?? please help!! steph.

Hi there ive recently trained in spray tanning and cant wait to get started but finding it so difficult to decide which spray tan machine to buy, can anyone recommend a good system, i will be working mobile so it needs to be practical for that. Also what tan do most people recommend?? fake bake or tantrick?, good or bad reviews welcome....!! its a mind field out there, dont want to buy the wrong system....would rather research and get something im happy with....learnt with a HVLP compressor but read some people slate this....why?? please help!! steph.

I use the hvpl 5008 model and its great! No problems so far. I use suntana solution and find that great. Especially the nice smells on them :)

Xxx
Posted via Mobile Device

HVLP machines are by far the preferred type by spray tan therapists..probably because they do such a good job for very little money.

If budget is an issue then the HV5008 is the ideal machine...if you can stretch a little further with your budget then the minimist(T100/200) is without doubt the daddy of the smaller HVLP machines.

In so far as brands are concerned this is a very personal choice and it really is best to simply ring both companies you are considering and get a feel for what they offer and how they treat you.

Good luck :hug:

I think HVLP is great. You have a wider nozzle and a lot less over spray than traditional airbrush equipment. I use and love Apollo equipment so I would recommend the T100 or the T700 depending on what type of tanning you will be doing. If you are going to do tanning parties than the T700 is the better equipment for that. That said, if you purchase your equipment in a kit, it will be a lot less expensive then buying everything you need separately . I got my kit from EnvyTan. They have 2 kits for mobile technicians. Both are great kits, the Celebrity: Go Mobile Pro (the one I got), had everything in it I needed to start my own business, including a custom website! Hope this helps and good luck!

i use the t200 true spray and its fab, i'm still quite new to spray tanning and i find it so easy to use. great pressure, no overspray and v easy to set up. HTH

I think a lot of suppliers will recommend the T200 as they make a lot more money on them-not that i'm a cynic :)
The T200 has had a lot of problems.
Here are some comments from the spray tan shop, who incidentally sell all the machines;
The Maximist 5008 machine has been voted the 'UK's No.1 Spray Tanning Machine.' by the Salon Magazine. This machine is set to become the countrys most popular machine for its reliability, ease of use and application. The price is super too. The Motor is much larger than that of its sister model and can therefore withstand much more use. It will be as happy doing the one client as it will be to do a Spray Tan Party of ten. Its great for mobile therapists as the hose clips into place around the machine and it also has an on board holder for your gun, so more spillage from guns falling over ever again.

The external filter is easy to replace and clean. The machine is simple to use with just one on/off button. The heat generated from the motor enables you to warm up/dry your clients after the tan has been applied.
Its all the small things together that make this one of the best guns available. Its been tried and tested and has so far a gleaming and spotless record, with no faults reported.

The T200 Truespray again similar to 'The Pig' the T200 has its loyal followers from its earlier reliable past, however its recent updates have rendered this machine as history as nearly half of those sold end up broken within weeks. Its never a good idea for your machine to break mid spray tan on a bride, so this machine sadly has lost its appeal. Problems with the gun are common with mis spraying, leaking and miss-alignment of needles as well as common problems with the motors overheating and butnt out elements leaving you the tan tech machineless and incomeless until your replacement arrives. Whilst these problems are always corrected and I am sure being fixed in preperation for a new model launch sometime in the near future the current generation Truespray may be one to steer clear of at the minute.

HTH

I think a lot of suppliers will recommend the T200 as they make a lot more money on them-not that i'm a cynic :)
The T200 has had a lot of problems.
Here are some comments from the spray tan shop, who incidentally sell all the machines;
The Maximist 5008 machine has been voted the 'UK's No.1 Spray Tanning Machine.' by the Salon Magazine. This machine is set to become the countrys most popular machine for its reliability, ease of use and application. The price is super too. The Motor is much larger than that of its sister model and can therefore withstand much more use. It will be as happy doing the one client as it will be to do a Spray Tan Party of ten. Its great for mobile therapists as the hose clips into place around the machine and it also has an on board holder for your gun, so more spillage from guns falling over ever again.

The external filter is easy to replace and clean. The machine is simple to use with just one on/off button. The heat generated from the motor enables you to warm up/dry your clients after the tan has been applied.
Its all the small things together that make this one of the best guns available. Its been tried and tested and has so far a gleaming and spotless record, with no faults reported.

The T200 Truespray again similar to 'The Pig' the T200 has its loyal followers from its earlier reliable past, however its recent updates have rendered this machine as history as nearly half of those sold end up broken within weeks. Its never a good idea for your machine to break mid spray tan on a bride, so this machine sadly has lost its appeal. Problems with the gun are common with mis spraying, leaking and miss-alignment of needles as well as common problems with the motors overheating and butnt out elements leaving you the tan tech machineless and incomeless until your replacement arrives. Whilst these problems are always corrected and I am sure being fixed in preperation for a new model launch sometime in the near future the current generation Truespray may be one to steer clear of at the minute.

HTH
Sorry Angelina but purely from a specification and factual point of view and not withstanding production problems the minimist(T100/T2000 spray gun is far superior than the HV5008 gun)..now the HV5008 upgrade gun is without doubt the better of all these options

Indeed the actual powerhouse of the HV5008 is better than the the minimist machine I will agree...but the bit that "actually" does the job...the spray gun...the minimist gun leaves the HV5008 gun standing in the shadow's

HTH:hug:

could you explain why you think the t200 gun is superior collin i am intrigued
i have repaired 100s of t200s with bent Brass needles flattened gaskets miss spraying patterns ect not to mention burned out motors ect
the only problem on the 5008 is the needle gland seal that is cured with a simple adjustment
and collin now that we have the internet it is quiet easy for joe public to find out what we can get hold of and at what price if we buy in bulk :eek:
the t 200 was pushed as the best machine, when it was the best machine !!
it no longer is
it was exclusive to one company (no names mentioned ) and now they have have added the 5008 to there catalogue and have allowed any one to stock the t200
you admit that the power house is far superior !!
so please explain how the gun is possibly better
I have a lot of respect for you as i have previously said
but angellinas spot on this time

Indeed the actual powerhouse of the HV5008 is better than the the minimist machine I will agree...but the bit that "actually" does the job...the spray gun...the minimist gun leaves the HV5008 gun standing in the shadow's

HTH:hug:
Well the whole machine does the job doesn't it? No good having a gun if the motor isn't up to scratch is it :)
I think most people who go into spray tanning end up doing a lot of spray tans. Seeing as the T200 is a low volume machine then it can't cope with doing lots of tans one after the other.
I just think if people are doing lots of tans then they need a reliable machine and one that is fit for the purpose it was intended.

Oh dear this all seems to be getting a tad tetchy :eek:.

I have already made my professional opinion based on considerable usage of all the equipment being discussed here and really dont see the mileage in repeating what ive already said :hug:

We all have our own professional opinions on what we perceive to be the best equipment etc and that is a good thing and im sure the poster has been given more than adequate professional opinion to be able to go away and consider which machine would suit her specific requirements and budget.

HTH :hug:

Hi iv just decided to do do spray tan as well as my lash's and I'm also confused on which machine to get:eek:. As a complete novice i want the right one but there are so many to choose from ,I'm looking at a T100 minimist i want the best i can get and my budget is expandable but i still don't want to make the wrong choice.

cant give you advice on the right one but just thought id let you know everyone starting out is the same and we all want to make the right choice , hope you find the right one and if you do will you let me know what one it is :lol: xxxxx

Hi iv just decided to do do spray tan as well as my lash's and I'm also confused on which machine to get:eek:. As a complete novice i want the right one but there are so many to choose from ,I'm looking at a T100 minimist i want the best i can get and my budget is expandable but i still don't want to make the wrong choice.

cant give you advice on the right one but just thought id let you know everyone starting out is the same and we all want to make the right choice , hope you find the right one and if you do will you let me know what one it is :lol: xxxxx

It is a minefield out there but what you can do is have a ring around the various suppliers and ask them to come down to you and demo the various machines which will enable you to see them in action and make a more educated assessment of which one suits your specific requirements

HTH :hug:

its got to be the 5008 !! it produces exactly the same spray pattern in size and particle size as the t200
The needles on both machines are tapered so with adjustment they can both either produce nil or up to 0.8mm or 0.9 mm in the case of the 5008
but only when fully opened the t200 nozzle is o.1mm smaller
but only when fully opened ? and who opens them fully when spraying
when the 5008 was developed the engineers opted for the slightly larger 0.1mm (a hairs breadth) and a faster taper on the needle
because of the needle bending/snapping ect problems of the Apollo machines (t100 t200) they were copying/improving the design of:) (we now Know it was the t200 designer improving his own design faults)
at 1.7psi which is the max these units run at and an adjustable nozzle from 0mm to fully open basic pneumatic theory tells us volume of air/aperture size must produce the same spray pattern
In my previous occupation as an electrical/mechanical engineer i had lots of experience with Pnuematics and I have a HNC in the subject LOL :lol:
we did stock the Apollo T100 and t200 but :mad::mad:
Because of the number of returns burned out motors bent needles miss spraying gasket problems ect ect out of 26 sold we had 8 returned one month so we decided enough was enough
The 5008 is a win win situation its British its Better made to British standards and its cheaper much cheaper (for the customer) to purchase

its got to be the 5008 !! it produces exactly the same spray pattern in size and particle size as the t200
The needles on both machines are tapered so with adjustment they can both either produce nil or up to 0.8mm or 0.9 mm in the case of the 5008
but only when fully opened the t200 nozzle is o.1mm smaller
but only when fully opened ? and who opens them fully when spraying
when the 5008 was developed the engineers opted for the slightly larger 0.1mm (a hairs breadth) and a faster taper on the needle
because of the needle bending/snapping ect problems of the Apollo machines (t100 t200) they were copying/improving the design of:) (we now Know it was the t200 designer improving his own design faults)
at 1.7psi which is the max these units run at and an adjustable nozzle from 0mm to fully open basic pneumatic theory tells us volume of air/aperture size must produce the same spray pattern
In my previous occupation as an electrical/mechanical engineer i had lots of experience with Pnuematics and I have a HNC in the subject LOL :lol:
we did stock the Apollo T100 and t200 but :mad::mad:
Because of the number of returns burned out motors bent needles miss spraying gasket problems ect ect out of 26 sold we had 8 returned one month so we decided enough was enough
The 5008 is a win win situation its British its Better made to British standards and its cheaper much cheaper (for the customer) to purchase

I diddnt understand that in full ( blonde lol )

But ...... i got the gist of it. and was really informative and swung it for me:), im now looking at the 5008 more than the t100/200 now iv just got to find the best place to buy it ..:hug:

do any of you techs in the UK use accuspray guns with delrin tip needles?

i have 2 accuspray guns and would never use anything else

Hi has anyone tried or is using sun laboratories products and gun? i am thinking of buying a machine but not sure which one also ant training courses in birmingham..thanks:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back