Which spray tan solution?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichelleG1978

Reaction score
I know this has been asked a million times but I'm so confused! I started off spray tanning with la tan but apart from the fast tan my clients weren't really happy with the colours they turned out to be, said they'd like darker but even the darkest tan wasn't that dark. I recently took over a salon and all its stock and they used sienna x. While it's a nice tan it's running out now and is quite expensive to replace. Been looking into a few other brands but they all have good and bad reviews! How do u choose? I'm just starting out and can't really afford to spend hundreds of pounds on a range on spray tan....

Morroccan Tan is a fast tan and it's lovely and brown

Morroccan Tan is a fast tan and it's lovely and brown
I looked at that one as you suggested it on one of my other posts but has more negative comments than good? Just don't want to buy a range to find my clients don't like it x

Why not write a shortlist of brands you've read good reviews about and either contact them for samples or just buy their smallest bottles to try out on yourself/family/friends before the Sienna X runs out?

It's hard to find a brand that suits everyone and I don't see a problem with stocking more than one brand if you have the client base to use it. You see, everyone has different skin tones and also different preferences. For example, you don't find LA Tan dark enough, but I've been trying it out recently and find the 14% Cocktail gives a lovely dark but natural looking tan on myself. You said you liked Sienna X, but I find it too orange, so our clients are going to all be different too. I'm not suggesting you stock lots of brands, but if your stuck between 2 maybe give them both a go?

For what it's worth, here's my views on those I've tried:-

Crazy Angel - reasonably priced, gives a nice colour (more golden brown though). 9% for brides or pale skin (don't bother with 6%), 13% a nice darkish tan, 16% for darker skins. Express Tan works well too. You leave it on different times depending how dark you want it. (Been using this brand for about 7 years now).

Moroccan Tan - nice colour, but I had inconsistent results at times. rinse off after a shorter period of time and then allow it to develop (won't look that dark when you rinse it off though). Quite expensive.

White to Brown - found all percentages much too light.

LA Tan - early days yet, but so far I love the colour of 14% Cocktail! In my opinion it looks like I've just come back from a hot holiday (I Tan quite well) and doesn't look like a spray tan at all. I'm finding it lasts well too. Only complaint so far is that the time before last I didn't exfoliate before hand as I was in a hurry and also didn't moisturise often enough after the Tan and the fade off was awful! My skin was very dry though. The Fast Tan was also good. Very reasonable priced too.

Sienna X - too orangey and fade off not good. Quite expensive too.

That's a great help, thank u so much! Like u say there's so much to consider wen choosing a spray tan, and what's good for one isn't necessarily what's good for another.

I don't really want to continue with sienna x as I just find it pricey for what it is.

I love la tan but some of my clients have sed the darker colours aren't dark enough and I can't offer them any darker.

I've had a few tans of crazy angel myself and while I like it my business partner isn't keen.

I've looked at Moroccan tan but seems to have more bad reviews than good.

Think white to brown is expensive too.

Why is there so many to choose from haha!

Why not write a shortlist of brands you've read good reviews about and either contact them for samples or just buy their smallest bottles to try out on yourself/family/friends before the Sienna X runs out?

It's hard to find a brand that suits everyone and I don't see a problem with stocking more than one brand if you have the client base to use it. You see, everyone has different skin tones and also different preferences. For example, you don't find LA Tan dark enough, but I've been trying it out recently and find the 14% Cocktail gives a lovely dark but natural looking tan on myself. You said you liked Sienna X, but I find it too orange, so our clients are going to all be different too. I'm not suggesting you stock lots of brands, but if your stuck between 2 maybe give them both a go?

For what it's worth, here's my views on those I've tried:-

Crazy Angel - reasonably priced, gives a nice colour (more golden brown though). 9% for brides or pale skin (don't bother with 6%), 13% a nice darkish tan, 16% for darker skins. Express Tan works well too. You leave it on different times depending how dark you want it. (Been using this brand for about 7 years now).

Moroccan Tan - nice colour, but I had inconsistent results at times. rinse off after a shorter period of time and then allow it to develop (won't look that dark when you rinse it off though). Quite expensive.

White to Brown - found all percentages much too light.

LA Tan - early days yet, but so far I love the colour of 14% Cocktail! In my opinion it looks like I've just come back from a hot holiday (I Tan quite well) and doesn't look like a spray tan at all. I'm finding it lasts well too. Only complaint so far is that the time before last I didn't exfoliate before hand as I was in a hurry and also didn't moisturise often enough after the Tan and the fade off was awful! My skin was very dry though. The Fast Tan was also good. Very reasonable priced too.

Sienna X - too orangey and fade off not good. Quite expensive too.

Were you using the violet base of Morroccan Tan? @rachelizabeth you use Morroccan Tan right? The green bases have never let me down. Ever.

To be honest I only buy Moroccan Bronze now, as that's the most popular colour choice and the most reliable I've found. I also have smaller bottles of the Original for people who like a lighter tan. I never use the exotic collection as it was too light on me, whereas Bronze always develops a true brown. I'll attach a picture of me where I had sprayed myself with Bronze a couple of days before. Hope this helps :) (excuse the picture of me lol I was stood next to a mannequin
emoji23.png
)

The review is by @rachelizabeth , I totally agree with her. Hope you don't mind me copy and pasting :p

Where do u buy your Moroccan tan? Ive looked on the website but when I click to sign in it takes me to a page that says it's unsafe and I can't go any further?

Where do u buy your Moroccan tan? Ive looked on the website but when I click to sign in it takes me to a page that says it's unsafe and I can't go any further?
Was that on Sweet Squared? They are the official U.K. and Ireland distributors for Moroccan Tan x

Was that on Sweet Squared? They are the official U.K. and Ireland distributors for Moroccan Tan x
Ah no it wasn't, I'll look on there now thank u

I've never had a problem with the green bases, yes the violet base are hit and miss on pale skin. I leave 12% on me for 3 or 4 hours and rinse with cool water only. Then sleep in it and try not to shower for 24 hours. the more you shower with any tan the more colour you lose. @Beautiful-you

Yes
I've never had a problem with the green bases, yes the violet base are hit and miss on pale skin. I leave 12% on me for 3 or 4 hours and rinse with cool water only. Then sleep in it and try not to shower for 24 hours. the more you shower with any tan the more colour you lose. @Beautiful-you[/. Yes, we carried out the same procedure each time and generally good results, just a couple of times the tans didn't develop as dark as previously so what with it being more expensive than Crazy Angel as well, I decided not to go with MT (but when it developed well it was very good!).

Yep @AshLovesTanning ive still never had a problem with Moroccan tan and my clients love it compared to other spray tans they’ve had at different salons I did my training with sweet Squared and use the machine they recommend :)

Yep, Same! I have a client booked in tomorrow and she loves the 12%. She's literally brown, its lovely. The only comments I've seen people saying negatively about this MT is that it's sometimes to light. Ive found this only on that time of the month. I love it. This tan is the only tan I've used in 12% that I haven't gone orange. I dont know how it doesn't happen but it doesn't!

With Moroccan tan if it’s gone too light on a client usually this is if they’ve got really dry skin, because the skin absorbs all the Argan oil and other skin goodies that MT is packed with before it can absorb the tan. If this happens it’s hsually because the client hasn’t prepped well enough. I make sure they know to exfoliate and have a good moisturising routine in the week before having the tan done and they always turn a nice deep brown x

I’m now using Bondi Sands however just tried Siennasol Extreme Xtra Darkest and it is fab. I always prefer an overnight solution but rinsed after 3 hours and the colour is gorgeous. I’ve had lots of compliments and clients asking what it is

Latest posts

Back