Which System When & When Not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
How do you go about choosing which system to use on clients? When would you use L&P and when wouldn't you? Same with Gel etc. What problems would suit which system? How do you explain to clients when they ask what is the differences or which is best for what?

How would you advertise your different systems? I'm trying to get my price list together and want to make the different systems sound appealing in their own individual way.

Thanks

Great Minds!! I was just about to type exactly the same thread!!!! I'll tag onto yours if you don't mind...

LOL thats fine! I was just worried that it had already been asked but I couldn't find anything!!

To be honest, although a lot of people seem to think L&P is stronger, i don't agree, it's how well the nail product is applied to the nail!

I haven't done a single set of UV Gel or L&P for the last 3 months, all anyone wants at the moment is Calgel! :eek:

I do what ever the clients requests I'm new(ish) into gels so I mostly do L&P but gif a clients requests gel then gel it is

I think as Linda says, sometimes the client will know what they prefer.

As a nail technician I can do all 3 systems but I have a preference for L&P as this is what I initially trained in and this is where my "talents" lay.

If someone asks for a specific system then I will ask them if they have had nails done before and why they prefer that particular system - sometimes they will ask for gel say, because they have had L&P before and they came off, were too thick etc. etc or vice versa, then I would advise them based on their lifestyle and the foundation I have to work with LOL.

You have to look at each case individually.

So what are the pros/cons with L&P and Gel?? If someone asked me for say L&P but I was in a 'Gel Mood'...could I do gel?

Heather111 said:
So what are the pros/cons with L&P and Gel?? If someone asked me for say L&P but I was in a 'Gel Mood'...could I do gel?

GENERALY speaking, there are differences in strength and felxibility and longevity between systems.

However, there are brands in all 3 systems that are as strong and flexible as each other. So if you feel in a gel mood, and you know your gel is as strong as your L/P then by all means use it ... same with your wrap system if you know it is a strong one and is not going to let your client down then use it.

But if you know your wrap system is not as strong as say your gel or L/P, then you have to choose according to lifestyle of the client.

geeg said:
GENERALY speaking, there are differences in strength and felxibility and longevity between systems.

However, there are brands in all 3 systems that are as strong and flexible as each other. So if you feel in a gel mood, and you know your gel is as strong as your L/P then by all means use it ... same with your wrap system if you know it is a strong one and is not going to let your client down then use it.

But if you know your wrap system is not as strong as say your gel or L/P, then you have to choose according to lifestyle of the client.
With this in mind how would you promote Creative's L&P, Brisa, and Fabric#
And what are the differences with these.... just looking for the wording

Mani-fique! said:
With this in mind how would you promote Creative's L&P, Brisa, and Fabric#
And what are the differences with these.... just looking for the wording

Personally I don't promote much. They are all as strong as each other and they all last well and I have no problems with any of them (only a few problem clients :lol: ). You can use the Brisa top coat finishing gel to add permanent shine to any of the others and they all look very similar SO ......... It's up to the client (if she has a preference) or up to me If I have a preference on the day!!
I love doing all types of nails and using different systems breaks up the monotony of only using one.

Wording...........
My wording on my leaflet for Brisa and Fabric#

Fabric# System..........finesse or fibreglass and the strength of L&P, the most natural looking and most technically advanced Fibreglass or Silk overlay. Suitable for most nailplates.......For the client that is looking for strength, but not the enhancement look......
Permanent French manicure look or natural..........
Perfect choice for Natural nail overlays and natural nail repairs.

CND Brisa .........Advanced Patented Gel Technology, no odour, hypoallergenic, covalent bonding and solvent resistant....
The best available UV Gel product on the market . Available as a natural nail overlays, Enhancements, Permanent French look for tipped enhancements or Sculpted enhancements............

CND Liquid and Powder system
R+ with IPN...............MMA free, low odour, Covalent bonding and the best choice for clients that just love Liquid and Powder enhancements.
Available as a natural nail overlay, Enhancements, Permanent French look for Tipped Enhancements or Sculpted enhancement............

Prior to any nail service we have a free consultation and we will discuss with you, your needs and then decide on a system/service to suit your lifestyle and nail condition.............

HTH

Don't know much really about Gel but do rebalance the same as you would L&P??

Hi Heather, yep pretty much the same........

If you are new to Gels, I would advise a good Gel Trainining course..........
It is hard to verbaly explain to hows and do's of Gels and their workings..........
Anna has got a fab tutorial on her site, that will give you a good insight to the gel technology...........She explains it so much better and you have visuals too.......
http://www.polished.ca/

HTH

In school they told us that fiberglass is not well fitted for people that work a lot with water, is that true? And is it true that for people that have ridges in theyr nails gel is better than acrylic?

i would agree with Ruth that it's better to do a client consultation and find out the sort of lifestyle they have be it busy, active or quiet etc, and advise which system would work better for them. If i know someone is likely to be heavy on their nails then i recommend L&P, and if they arew resonable on their nails then i would do fibreglass.

It also depends on what i feel better with on the day as Geeg said, it depends what sort of mood i'm in.:)

Thanks Ruth for your wording on the different systems..... thats a great help.;)

In school they told us that fiberglass is not well fitted for people that work a lot with water, is that true? And is it true that for people that have ridges in theyr nails gel is better than acrylic?

This is the sort of thing I'm looking for also..... why one system would be preferable to another in what situations.

Latest posts

Back