which system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyr

Reaction score
hiya I'm new to this forum and wondered if anyone can help. I've recently done a nail course, which I passed I've been using the nouveau nail system is this a good one to use? it seems ok but with only just starting out I'm not sure of a few things its all confusing if your not clued up on these things I'm starting work in a salon in a couple of weeks and want to make sure I'm using good stuff would be really grateful if any one can help:confused::confused:

I've not personally heard of that brand, but if you have the kit and your trained in it, and it's working, why not carry on with it. Especially if you're going to go into a salon soon, you don't want to start chopping and changing.

You can always get try me kits and mess about on your own nails until you find one you love.

I agree with Kirsten.

If you are having problems, can you ask your tutor to help you. What things are you not sure about.

The salon you are going to work in, what do they use?

im not having problems as such ive just been browsing on net and looking at the creative and star nails systems think i will try sample kits tho, i suppose its all practice at the end of the day i want to be perfect at them ha ha can you tell me how i get rid of air bubbles cause ive tried pushing brush down to bottom of dish but still get them

Bubbles......you need to work on your mix ratio which is most likely that cause of the bubbles if you're expelling all the air from your brush or possibly application technique.

Will you be self-employed at the salon and using your own kit or employed and be using the systems they use in the salon already?

im not having problems as such ive just been browsing on net and looking at the creative and star nails systems think i will try sample kits tho, i suppose its all practice at the end of the day i want to be perfect at them ha ha can you tell me how i get rid of air bubbles cause ive tried pushing brush down to bottom of dish but still get them

I would stick with the system your using, and go back and see your tutor. As you know now, it's not just a matter of being shown, having a try and off you go. You will have teething problems for some time, but as you get them, and learn why and how to perfect your application etc your'll get better and better.

When I started out, I blamed the product I was training with, rushed off and did other conversions - which cost a fortune! and tbh now when I use what I was initially trained with (nsi) I find it is absolutely brilliant! I cant say I wasted money because I got fabulous training along the way, but if I had just kept the kit and kept on trying with that product it would of come good in the end.

The bubbles will be your mix ratio. practice doing beads of product on couch roll or some nail tips, watch the powder as it soaks up the liquid, place the bead down and leave it a few seconds to settle. It should be a nice round shiney bead. You need to go over and over this.

It takes A LOT of sets until it "clicks", but when it does its great.

Have fun hun x

I dont know that one kirsten but im sure your client will be more tham happy with your service. Best of Luck

Hi

I agree with the others its not the products but more practice as we all know it takes time to get used to any system. And belive me I have tryed em all at one point or another and each time thought this is crap but the grew to love it.

Good luck darling in your new venture
X

I would have to say that most 'Named" products are good products. Stick with what you know and were trained with. As you become more comfortable with your work then maybe try some different trial sized products ( I would recommend on family or friends as not to charge them) and make your own opinion on what you want to continue to use. Don't forget it's expensive to switch brands and really at the end of the day if you are happy using it and your clients are loving their nails.....why switch?

Yep, agree with the others, I'd stick with what you know and have trained in, just because it's a lesser known brand, doesn't mean it won't produce fab nails that your clients will love. Let them be the judge! If you have problems, think about changing then. If it ain't broke don't fix it hun xx

hiya cathie i work full time at min, doing nails after work so i can set up some clients and then do it full time the place where im going is a friends hairdressing shop, its all my own things ill just be giving her some payment once ive built up a bit. as for the bubbles i think i do need to practice more like some of the others have said x

hiya cathie i work full time at min, doing nails after work so i can set up some clients and then do it full time the place where im going is a friends hairdressing shop, its all my own things ill just be giving her some payment once ive built up a bit. as for the bubbles i think i do need to practice more like some of the others have said x

i used to get bubbles too. the thing that worked for me is to pick up my bead of powder, then count to 3 before placing it and then count to 3 again before you start to work it with your brush. i was so anxious about getting it on correctly before it sets, i was ending up trapping air bubbles in it which would have come out on their own if i had given them a chance.

thanks for that will try that cause i dont do that i do like you said in your reply trying to get it right thanks hun
:)

Latest posts

Back