Which tips.........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princessmowgli

Reaction score
Just a little 'survey'.
I wondered which tips you tend to prefer. I have only ever used Star Nails tips but there are so many other brands to choose that I wondered just how different can they all be?
Is it sometimes the case that they can be the same tips but boxed & branded differently?

Sonia

Hi there!

I've tried and tested just about all the tips on the market and the ones I use are Creative Nail Design Velocity natural and clear, Ezflow Precision clear and Ezflow Classic French. I found Star nails tips too curved for most peoples nail beds. It's all down to preference and what you feel comfortable working with, I'd steer clear of the cheaper ranges though as the colour tends to be a bit yellow, this is basically due to the tips not being from the 'first cut', i.e. the plastic has been melted down and reformed again and again in some cases so the tips end up thick and discoloured. J xx

I love Creative's Velocity and Formation tips. Have tried loads of different tips, but havent found any others to be as good. Velocity is very quick to blend, good shape and strong. Worth paying a little bit extra for.

I've been using the Tip Company for the last few months. No probs at all, and no colour differences between boxes of tips, which I was getting with another supplier I use to use ,and much cheaper than named brands

hi

i used Creative Velocity / clear / formation and also Millennium Gold (these seem to fit most clients though maybe slightly smaller in width to Creative esp. no.1)

kx

the tips i love at the mo are ezflow classic french (the new ones with no well area) and as im sure most of you are aware im a scuplting girl but i just love them-they are fab just stick em on and away you go.....lol..... no pre tailoring or blending required
thanks Antony for making me get some!!:)

Jess
xox

Thanks for all your suggestions. I know that Creative tips are on offer this month so there's no better time to give them a try really is there.

Sonia

Hi guys, been following thread, i use millenium and amoresse tips, like most techs have tried loads, however!! havnt used creative where's the best place to get creative supplies on line.

thanks

You can view Creative products online but you're not able to buy online. Go into site stuff then into industry links & then distributors. Look for Designer Nails & the link will lead you to their home page. Not sure if you will be able to view the offers without an ID & password but you can view the products. HTH

Sonia

Jo Jo said:
Hi there!

I've tried and tested just about all the tips on the market and the ones I use are Creative Nail Design Velocity natural and clear, Ezflow Precision clear and Ezflow Classic French. I found Star nails tips too curved for most peoples nail beds. It's all down to preference and what you feel comfortable working with, I'd steer clear of the cheaper ranges though as the colour tends to be a bit yellow, this is basically due to the tips not being from the 'first cut', i.e. the plastic has been melted down and reformed again and again in some cases so the tips end up thick and discoloured. J xx
I use Ezlfow's classic french tips they are fantastic as u can mold them and create a narrower (side walls) enhancement, u also have to use tweezers, though i use my thumbs to create the same effect.
The results have been marvelous.
Cres

I like Creative Formation tips

sortedcres said:
I use Ezlfow's classic french tips they are fantastic as u can mold them and create a narrower (side walls) enhancement, u also have to use tweezers, though i use my thumbs to create the same effect.
The results have been marvelous.
Cres

where would i be with out my pinching tweezers (EzFlow Sani Tongs) they are not only fab for helping keep that c curve youve pinched there while the product is moulding but i'd be lost with putting on my perfection and classic french tips!!
essential tool in my book :)

Jess
xox

Have tried many different make and brands of tips but always revert back to creative i use the full range from formation to eclipse love em all...

Sparklepink said:
the tips i love at the mo are ezflow classic french (the new ones with no well area) and as im sure most of you are aware im a scuplting girl but i just love them-they are fab just stick em on and away you go.....lol..... no pre tailoring or blending required
thanks Antony for making me get some!!:)

Jess
xox
Oh yes babe,
they are pretty cool...............I love them too !!!!!!

Sparklepink said:
where would i be with out my pinching tweezers (EzFlow Sani Tongs) they are not only fab for helping keep that c curve youve pinched there while the product is moulding but i'd be lost with putting on my perfection and classic french tips!!
essential tool in my book :)

Jess
xox

Hey Jess - have you got a pic of these Sani Tongs...you've really got my attention now!

I have tried a few, i use Star nails ultraform most of the time. I also have Pro-impressions Gold half well tips. I have also used the Creative White tips when i did a set of nails on a fellow Geek, they were hers and have to say they were really nice to use.

Hollyballoo said:
Hey Jess - have you got a pic of these Sani Tongs...you've really got my attention now!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: p your a shopaholic!

I've tried a few, star nails, opi and millenium but have to say each time i go back to Creative!

Velocity are my favourite so far.

Taz
x

Hollyballoo said:

i'll take my digi cam to work tomorrow and take a pic for you:)

Jess
xox

Hiya,

I have tried loads of different tips and i really like Nailorder tips and Tip Co tips, they blend as good if not better than any others i have tried and you can get lots of different shapes and colours!

To be honest since my 1-2-1 with Samuel i am sculpting everything in sight lol

Amanda

Latest posts

Back