Which to train in first to make money, spray tan or eyelash extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
Hi there

I'm currently back doing mobile shellac nails after having children

I need to provide more treatments and only have money and time to do one lot at the moment

Which treatment is more popular individual eye lash extensions(I'm finding it hard to get training near me) or spray tanning

Which treatment is easier to master and be able to make a profit but not difficult to master

I went for a spray tan at a local salon and tried Lauren's way(I'm very dark and patchy :-(. ) the therapist said she finds clients don't like the individual eyelashes as they look like spiders and they have gone back to the ones where they are a couple of lashes together and she puts about 4 on :-(, my friend tried them and was negative too said she didn't like them because she could feel them on couldn't wear mascara and they kept falling out every day and were expensive and would only have them as a treat :-(

What are your thoughts if you were in my shoes which one would you train in first due to money?

I also no I would have lots of volunteers as guinea pigs for eyelashes where as not many friends are happy to strip for a tan, or do you not need to practice with tanning?

Sorry for all the questions
Nenee

Id say go for spray tanning first, then onto eyelashes. That's what i did, when you say eyelashes do you mean semi permanent the ones that take about 2 hours & you keep having infills?

Or do you mean the express type that take less than an hour but need to be removed after a couple of weeks? X

Tanning much easier to master! Semi permanent can take months to be good. And they don't all look like spiders legs, if you look on albums im sure you'll find some lashes pictures and they are amazing! Sounds like your area needs a good lash technician as everyones opinion is low and you can change that once mastered. But for now deffo spray tan x

Deffo spray tan!!! It would compliment your shellac perfectly!! As people could have shellac then have a spray tan! (not really advisable to have tan and lashes same day?) This could therefore make you more money too :) hth

Thank u so much for you advice really appreciate it!

Off to phone nouvatan as I believe their training and after care is brilliant them I can try out all the tans and make a decision on which one to use as so many out there but nouvatan and la tan are looking good :)

My husband will be a bronze god for many months to come as my guinea pig lol

Any tips on getting a bad tan off??? I've heard bathing in lemon juice???

Thanks ladies
X

Thank u so much for you advice really appreciate it!

Off to phone nouvatan as I believe their training and after care is brilliant them I can try out all the tans and make a decision on which one to use as so many out there but nouvatan and la tan are looking good :)

My husband will be a bronze god for many months to come as my guinea pig lol

Any tips on getting a bad tan off??? I've heard bathing in lemon juice???

Thanks ladies
X

defo spray tanning x

Where i would say tanning, i think the main thing is what you want to do... If its a toss up, you have to think on revenue, plus IF your clients are asking for it.

Im just saying i wouldnt train in something, just because everyone else says so, i would think about how much time and energy it would take for me to master with all the pros and cons. xoxo

I would say if you want a quick return, definately go for spray tanning.

But I just wanted to put you straight about Semi Permanent Eyelash Extensions :biggrin: If you have a good lash technician, you will never ever have spiders legs for lashes, you wont be able to feel them, they will look natural or full on glam which ever look you desire, you WONT need to wear mascara.

This art will take a few months to be confident in offering it, but the returns are great. When searching for training with lashes make sure you do your homework, cheap is definately NOT the best xx

Good luck xx

I echo Blinking Gorgeous above and she's my lash tech too! I've been having semi perm lashes for over a year, never had spiders legs and never touched the mascara since!! Plus her training is second to none in my opinion, if you can find a trainer like that you wont look back!:Love:

I would say if you want a quick return, definately go for spray tanning.

But I just wanted to put you straight about Semi Permanent Eyelash Extensions :biggrin: If you have a good lash technician, you will never ever have spiders legs for lashes, you wont be able to feel them, they will look natural or full on glam which ever look you desire, you WONT need to wear mascara.

This art will take a few months to be confident in offering it, but the returns are great. When searching for training with lashes make sure you do your homework, cheap is definately NOT the best xx

Good luck xx

Hi blinkingorgeous have you any more info on your training please? I am trained (if we can call it that) but would like to train again, I see a post that said you did it so been interested since. Thanks xx

I echo Blinking Gorgeous above and she's my lash tech too! I've been having semi perm lashes for over a year, never had spiders legs and never touched the mascara since!! Plus her training is second to none in my opinion, if you can find a trainer like that you wont look back!:Love:

Do you do lashes Nat Nat? xx

I just want to echo what a lot of the others say. I do both lash and tan training and have to agree if looking for a quick return then tanning is your best option. Also Blinkingorgeous is totally correct about lashes not looking like spiders legs if done properly :) oh and she is an amazing trainer too :wink2:

I just want to echo what a lot of the others say. I do both lash and tan training and have to agree if looking for a quick return then tanning is your best option. Also Blinkingorgeous is totally correct about lashes not looking like spiders legs if done properly :) oh and she is an amazing trainer too :wink2:

Thanks everyone

I really want to do eyelash training BUT I'm limited to time with having 3 small children and a part time job as well as doing shellac mobile.

Also I can't find a good trainer who will do 1 to 1 training at my home or be near by me I live in Wrexham north Wales near Chester. I'm finding most trainers are down south or Manchester way and Im embarrassed to say I panick travelling too far :-(

I am Interested In tanning too but I'm scared of turning clients into a orange patchy mess as I'm my worst critic and like everything to look good.

I wish time, money and distance weren't a issue ;-(
Nenee

Tee hee Im blushing now, thank you ladies :D

Lush-Lash I will PM you the link for my training page with all info on their, but if its a refresher course you are after you could always give me a ring and we can discuss that seperately. xx

Hi hunny

I'm the Flirties trainer nearest to you if you want info let me know

X

I did a course and mine was rubbish any info for a refresher course or training in Wolverhampton area

Latest posts

Back