Which toner is best

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph12

Reaction score
never really had the need to use a toner before but now i need advice on one got a client who is a base 4 coloured and wants some slices of bleach put in on top and sides i know that the bleach will come very yellow /orange does anyone know a toner that will take the gold out of it but not darken it to much
i use loreal and cant get matrix or affriage

never really had the need to use a toner before but now i need advice on one got a client who is a base 4 coloured and wants some slices of bleach put in on top and sides i know that the bleach will come very yellow /orange does anyone know a toner that will take the gold out of it but not darken it to much

Depends on how much you lift it and what undercoat you are left with?! If it's orange, yellow/orange, yellow or pale yellow?

Depends on how much you lift it and what undercoat you are left with?! If it's orange, yellow/orange, yellow or pale yellow?

i should say i shall be left with a orange/yellow tone

i should say i shall be left with a orange/yellow tone

Ok, do you want all the warmth gone or just soften in? 8.31 is nice but won't kill the warmth just naturalise it. 8.12 would kill all the warmth but you would really need to watch it so you don't overtone! Hath ;)

I can't say for sure what to use as I don't know how the hair will lift, but go back to your colour wheel.

Choose the appropiate base then you need:
purple/violet cancel out yellow
blue to cancel out orange
green to cancel out red

I sometimes turn to toners which i use goldwell? But for one client, purchasing that toner probably wouldnt be worth it:irked:..
But when i do blonde foils and they come out more orange/yellow, i always use blonde bomshell, which is just a purple shampoo that conteracts all the yellow/orange tones:wink2:
xx

Latest posts

Back