Which trade magazines do you read?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which trade magazines do you read?

• Professional Beauty

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Scratch

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • The Salon

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Vitality

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • The Guild Gazette

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • None

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lynne Baker

Lynne The Skin!
Reaction score
We're going to be forging hopefully long and happy relationships with all the beauty industry magazines in our distribution business and we were discussing in the office yesterday the qualities of each of them.
I feel that each of them has different qualities; some are stronger on business articles, some favour celebrity trends, some are good all rounders.

Which magazines do you read, and why?
Which magazines do you actually subscribe to, if any?!

Thanks ever so much!
Sticky buns for everyone who replies. ;)

Sticky buns? Did I hear sticky buns?! :D

I read:
- Guild News because I can read it online even if it doesn't come through my door
- Scratch because it's fantastic for all things naily!
- Professional Beauty when it comes through my door as it is quite interesting and has some great articles in there
- Vitality because I'm subscribed to BABTAC so get this sent to me with my insurance.

I don't actually pay for any at the moment but I'm considering scratch when I've got spare pennies. Might ask as a Christmas present! x

I love scratch and subscribe. Love all things naily :) x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek.

I only have scratch and absolutely love it, got the subscription through my insurance.

I've had another one come through the post a few times, nail files I think its called but that's like a paper. Was ok to read but nothing amazing.

I will be following this thread as I'd like to start reading more. I'm primarily nails but looking to branch out a bit into tans and lashes.

xxx

scratch,professional beauty,nailure, your nails magazines.... these i buy
online i check out nails mag on issuu.com.

so much more interesting than buying a mag that just varies the bikinis some fimp ( fake inmportant person) is wearing that week....

The salon magazine, salin today. Pro beauty, scratch magazine, the guild gazette, the guild. Think that's all will post if I find more x

Scratch!! I will quite happily pay to get this mag!!

I subscribes to pro beauty and regretted it after I received the 3rd mag! Full of adverts!! No actual useful info!! Just page after page after page of adverts!
Which Ino your looking to do but I would not get this get this mag again and would probably just flick past your advert as there are soooo many in there!

I don't subscribe to any but receive most.

Scratch is the only one I would subscribe to, I have done in the past.

We're going to be forging hopefully long and happy relationships with all the beauty industry magazines ;)

In what respect Lynne? Advertising? I get sent a few but I don't actually take them out the cellophane (even if I've written something). I find there are too many ads.

I don't read any part from ones which I get sent occasional, pro beauty and scratch magazines are ones I've read in the past.

X

Scratch & Nails Magazine I subscribe to. I'm a member of the Guild so receive the Guild News too.

I haven't renewed my Nails Mag subscription as I found it was full of adverts, non of them relevant as its U.S. it should have been renewed 3 months ago and I'm still receiving it???
Vicki x

In what respect Lynne? Advertising? I get sent a few but I don't actually take them out the cellophane (even if I've written something). I find there are too many ads.

In the respect of raising the profile of our brands via editorial, advertorial and some outright advertising. We're not yet in the position of the mags beating a path to our door for views and opinion, as in the case of S2, and I fully understand the relationship of give and take. If we give them some ad revenue they'll give us some editorial space; this is how it works. All the mags have said to us that they give editorial priority to advertisers.

A couple of them have said they'd like me to be on their expert panel which is a delightful surprise and an honour!

Hi I subscribe to Pro Beauty and Scratch magazine. Now and then I get the guild magazine through the door. I keep all copies of magazines for reference. Its a good place to see new products and ideas and follow-ups before taking them on. There are a lot of adverts but I wouldn't say it was any different than reading vogue or Cosmo. Hth xx

Hi, I don't buy any. The reason being is they are all very repetitive and not innovational enough, a bit like teaching an old dog new tricks. If I want to learn/read about anything then I do it online.

I receive Professional Beauty, Professional Hairdresser and Mary behind the chair which I get sent from America. I enjoy reading the articles about business and products and feel its one way of keeping up to date with the industry.

A couple of them have said they'd like me to be on their expert panel which is a delightful surprise and an honour!
Oh that's fab Lynne. Well done to you. xx

Also faceon make up magazine x

This poll made the Scratch team really happy today- thank you so much Geeksters!

Latest posts

Back