which training should i pick

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hi this is the first time i have used this site or posted a thingy ,so sorry if its wrong ,what i would like to know is ,swhich training courses do nail tecs recommend ,i have been thinking of doing a study at home one, but one of my friends said you have to be carefull as some study at home places are not very good ,there seems to be so many places that offer training from 1 day training (and i would never remember everything in one day )to 6 days to ,as long as you like with the study at home:eek: ,also how much is the insurance that you have to have to work on the customers ,
hope to hear from someone so i can be pointed in the right direction, thankyou heidi:)

Hi!
Welcome to the site. I'm sure you will find lots of great info and friends here.
I personally would go with a product based training course to start off with, then you could always take further courses - nvq etc afterwards. I only say this from my personal experience as when I first learnt nails, I went to a college with 30 other people. The products weren't my choice but not knowing anything, I bought lots of kit and never used it again. I also found myself having extra tuition with a brand as I had to do a conversion anyway. I learnt more in those 2 days than I did in 14 weekends before! I felt like I wasted my money - but that was 1 college. I know there are some that are great but these are just my experiences.

The class wasn't small enough to really learn properly. If you have a look around this site,you will find lots of info on lots of great products...There is always a friendly geek to offer advice to you.

Hope that helps. ..although it's only my personal opinion. Sure there will be lots of others! I'm product trained with 3 different brands now and all products are different to work with. Feel free to PM me.

Sam xx

thankyou sam for your help ,i will have a good look about

Hi!
Welcome to the site. I'm sure you will find lots of great info and friends here.
I personally would go with a product based training course to start off with, then you could always take further courses - nvq etc afterwards. I only say this from my personal experience as when I first learnt nails, I went to a college with 30 other people. The products weren't my choice but not knowing anything, I bought lots of kit and never used it again. I also found myself having extra tuition with a brand as I had to do a conversion anyway. I learnt more in those 2 days than I did in 14 weekends before! I felt like I wasted my money - but that was 1 college. I know there are some that are great but these are just my experiences.

The class wasn't small enough to really learn properly. If you have a look around this site,you will find lots of info on lots of great products...There is always a friendly geek to offer advice to you.

Hope that helps. ..although it's only my personal opinion. Sure there will be lots of others! I'm product trained with 3 different brands now and all products are different to work with. Feel free to PM me.

Sam xx

What Sam said!

ALSO - My experience was this, I did a make-up artist course at college which included manicure & pedicure, which got me interested. I then went to a local independent trainer, did a 2 day beginner course in UV & Fibreglass, then I did a one day one to one conversion to liquid and powder with NSI, still didn't feel that I knew enough, so then went to EzFlow to start again! The moral to my story, is that I spent a lot of money, trying the cheaper route, then ended up going to EzFlow, to get product specific, more respected training that I should have got in the first place. I also had bought lots of products from that first independent trainer that once I learned more, I didn't use anyway!

I'd advise really looking through the Geek forums, as there are so many knowledgeable people here, before deciding your training, I would decide on a particular product (Creative, EzFlow, etc) and get the specific training that they offer. All brands work slightly differently, so don't get training at one place if you're planning on using another make! It really is more expensive to try to use the cheaper route as I did, get yourself a good foundation first, and work from there!

Hi hun, i did a few couses but i found the best for me was creative Liza Smith is a fab teacher and i learnt so much through her she really is someone too look up too . im sure you will find lots of trainers on here too this place is like every beauty trade's bibal .. xxxx emily xx good luck xx:)

owwww angie it is sooooo hard to know which one , thanks for sending me that

Hello

I was having the same dilema! I looked at doing my training through the college but as somebody else said earlier there are sooo many in a class, plus i have a mortgage to pay and so I was only able to do an evening course which was like 2 hours a week for 30 weeks and I just wanted to get stuck in and thought this would be too dragged out for me.

I also looked at the learn from home guides but I dont think anything can beat seeing a professional do it and then you have somebody to ask advise from rather than a book and a DVD.

Anyway I have decided to do my training with NSI! I start next week with me l&p then do my gel course after! I can't wait! Lets hope I've made the right choice!

Good Luck with whatever you choose

x x x

Good luck pinkcat85 with ur training hun ... its so exciting when u got a new course starting up ... im going to look into starting another 1 when kids r all back to school .. xxx emily xx

Latest posts

Back