Which Tweezers??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klassy Klaws

Reaction score
I am now getting in to my waxing I am so enjoying it it must be the sadistic bit of me:lol::twisted:
I need to invest in some decent tweezers but there are so many on the market:eek:
Can anyone steer me in the right direction on what type they use?

Tweezerman are fantastic!!!

tweezerman for me too i use the slanted ones
x

i use slanted tweezers by tweezerman, reasonably priced and very funky designs too! Do a nice precise job.xx

I always swore by Tweezerman right up until the Scottish Show in May where I invested in Batten Edwards and the are absolutely amazing tweezers. British company and a thoroughly nice gentleman too.

I always swore by Tweezerman right up until the Scottish Show in May where I invested in Batten Edwards and the are absolutely amazing tweezers. British company and a thoroughly nice gentleman too.
Does he have a website where I can go and have a look?

At the risk of sounding like a right moaner............if you're waxing, you shouldn't be tweezing. Honestly, wax but don't tweeze. You'll see much better results. xxx

tweezerman all the way for me

At the risk of sounding like a right moaner............if you're waxing, you shouldn't be tweezing. Honestly, wax but don't tweeze. You'll see much better results. xxx

sorry can you just explain a little more?

I was taught to tweeze out any stubborn hairs rather than go over the skin again and again causing redness and tenderness.
When I was taught how to do Eyebrows I was told it was essential to have good tweezers for the same reasons.:hug:

Absolutely, but even the best waxers will get the odd hair left that the wax hasn't 'got', whether it's because it's short and stubborn or very downy hair.

And if you are using warm wax you can't just keep on applying until it's all out otherwise you'll damage the skin. So a good pair of tweezers are still an essential waxing addition to ensure a thorough job. :hug:

Oh forgot to add that I too use Tweezerman.

Ok, sorry I didn't make myself clearer. Tweezing brows is a different matter. I was talking about body hair. I know it's difficult to get your clients to agree at first, but if you try to not tweeze the odd hair, you'll find that you'll get much better results with your waxing and after a few appointments, you may not need to tweeze. Honest. Also if you use a good wax such as Peron Rigot, you will get the hairs out and your clients will not want to go to another waxer. This is just my personal experience but you'll get others with different opinions.

Also if you use a good wax such as Peron Rigot, you will get the hairs out and your clients will not want to go to another waxer.

I've done a search on Peron Rigot, but not getting much info.

Is it a warm or hot wax and who supplies it ?

Have you got a web addy ?

Thanks

Marlise

I've done a search on Peron Rigot, but not getting much info.

Is it a warm or hot wax and who supplies it ?

Have you got a web addy ?

Thanks

Marlise
PM Andy (Axiom) as he's THE expert on this wax. Once you've used it, you won't go back. It's a bit dearer but you'll get more clients by using it so you'll be quids.

I have ladies with stubborn facial hair and it's changed their lives. Brilliant wax. xxx

I have ladies with stubborn facial hair and it's changed their lives. Brilliant wax. xxx

In what way is this better on stubborn facial hair? Is it more confortable for the client or more effective at removing all the hairs?

PM Andy (Axiom) as he's THE expert on this wax. Once you've used it, you won't go back. It's a bit dearer but you'll get more clients by using it so you'll be quids.

Sorry, I know we are going off topic here, but could you tell me if it's a hot or warm wax ?

Thanks

Marlise

You can get both warm and hot wax. I use the hot wax on facial hair as it's very gentle (doesn't rip the skin) and the clients tells me it doesn't hurt (it shrink wraps the hair).

Ladies with problem facial hair find that they have hardly any ingrown hairs and that it grows back much finer.

Ooh, sounds good.

Will send Andy a pm.

THANKS

Marlise

At the Geeky waxing workshop yesterday Andy introduced us to the Perron Rigot hot wax. He waed my upper lip with it and it really didn't hurt at all.

Like the brow queen says it 'shrink wraps' the hair so it has a really good grip to get the short stubborn ones out.

I placed my order for some yesterday because I was really impressed with it!:green:

Has anybody got any links to a web site for this Perrin Rigot wax as I am really interested now!

Latest posts

Back