which type of nails would you recommend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lavander Rose

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Hope your all having a good day:)

I am not a nail geek, dont really know much about nails to be honest.

I am a holistic and beauty therapist though and wanted to ask all you fab nail geeks a question if I may.

My nails are in a bad state, I car,nt grow them as they seem to split at a certain point.

My cuticles seem to be really dry and some have what I would call splts in them and look dry.

I would love to have my hands looking really good and healthy as I am dealing and treating people everyday.

Would having Acrylic nails do them justice?

My only concern is the length as I am not used to having long nails and dont want to feel restricted in any way.

Can Acrylic nails still be short or do they have to have a long lenghth on them? As i still need to be able to do massage, reflexology and all the beauty treatments

What would any of you advise is the best for me to do and have?

Firstly... Get your self some solar oil! That alone after a few weeks will make a load of difference to your nails.

Why do you get a manicure done first, find a salon that do Creative. Get a Spa or SolarManicure. The tech will also sort your cuticles out. See how your nails are after having a manicure and a few weeks of solar oil treatment.

If you really want enhancements, just go for a short soft square or almond shape. You don't have to have them 'git long'.

HTH

xx

You can have enhancements without them being talons, but from what you have said you will need something that is compatible with your job, have you considered having a natural nail overlay with gel? This will give your nails a nice groomed look, and as you own nails grow you will be able to judge when they have got long enough for you, rather than going from short to long in an hour and not finding them manageable.

That would deal with making your nails look nice, to complete the look and give your hands a nice groomed look, use plenty of Solar Oil and invest in a good hand lotion, and use gloves when cleaning etc to prevent exposure to detergents and similar products that dry out the skin,

Latest posts

Back