Which types of social media do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazelb

Reaction score
I'm just interested in finding out what other people use to advertise and promote their business.

I know the choice will depend on the type of therapies/ business you do as well as your target maket ( ie, nails and hair lend themselves to pininterest or Instagram...but facials and massage don't ) So if you say what market you are in as well that will help.

I'll start:

Business in : Acupuncture, massage and facials.

I have two websites and a face book page

I don't tweet, use instegram or have a blog.

I did try google+ but I think that's dead and buried now.

Facebook and Twitter tend to be the most popular and provide a good return on an investment with advertising pricing.
Even if you don't use Google+ it's worth having an account and keeping it semi-active. Google use it in their ranking algorithm.

Instagram
I don't use anything else

Instagram
Twitter
Facebook - all my Social media is active via Instagram when I share a pic or video it goes to my other S/o accounts.
Google+ (now & again!)

You should definitely use Google + and everything that comes with it. Google is the top place still for business searches. Google will love your website more if you use it. It might just be a case of posting once or twice a week. But you really should have google reviews. All your different medias can link to each other. You don't have to come up with different content to post on each media, you can keep sharing it across all media.
Your ideal clients will dictate where you should concentrate most of your efforts, and where to spend less time.

You should definitely use Google + and everything that comes with it. Google is the top place still for business searches. Google will love your website more if you use it. It might just be a case of posting once or twice a week. But you really should have google reviews. All your different medias can link to each other. You don't have to come up with different content to post on each media, you can keep sharing it across all media.
Your ideal clients will dictate where you should concentrate most of your efforts, and where to spend less time.

I am a little confused with google+. I have a business page and a google+ profile. Are these the same thing? x

Instagram
I don't use anything else
How do you increase your followers using just instagram? I have my own instagram account however I'm finding it hard to get a reach through that....

How do you increase your followers using just instagram? I have my own instagram account however I'm finding it hard to get a reach through that....

Are you hashtagging all of the correct terms and phrases?
Take a look at posts that are doing well and see what they are tagging, tag the products you use in the photos (sometimes get a repost), like other peoples work and follow those similar to you. It all starts to snowball eventually and as long as you are hashtagging the correct terms people will see your posts.
Also, add you location to the post and post frequently at times when people are most likely to be active on instagram (lunch time, evenings etc).

HTH :)

We just use the usual Facebook and twitter. The main problem seems to be in getting new people to follow you on twitter. For Facebook its getting more friends and despite posts that are liked the over like count doesn't seem to go up. Anyone know why that is? Nails are great - keep posting the photos. But we don't like asking people to follow or like we're hoping they would find us, but that doesn't seem to happen.
Any thaughts?
CathyJ

It is all so difficult. Instagram posts to twitter, tumblr and facebook for me but it has created a random facebook page that it posts to instead of mine! Really annoying x

Whatever you have, do it to your best ability...

Social media is VERY time consuming to do right and actually make it valuable to a business. This is why social media management isn't cheap.

You're best picking 1 or 2 social channels and doing them fantastically then half arsing all of them. Duplicating the same content across multiple channels isn't going to do you any favours since the latest Facebook update. You really need to think about unique content for each platform and audience. I've seen reports of hashtags on Facebook actually being detrimental but on twitter it's handy and on Instagram it's a must.

facebook ad campaign (may be affordable)
instagram pro profile with different pics and stuff.
You better start using it now cuz it's one of the most prolific business growth tools now.

You should definitely use Instagram, this is the cheapest and easiest way you find your audience today. Share photos of your work, before and after pictures, give your followers some good advices. Plus advertisement on Instagram is relatively cheap, for $10 you can reach 3000-4000 of targeted audience.

And highly recommend to start your blog on Medium, it is cheap and has very good tools for editing.
Or even better, a blog on your website, it will improve your SEO, and make it easier to find your site on Google.
Since you do massages, acupuncture and facials, you have a millions of topics to write about. Share advice, important need-to-know information. It will attract a lot of new people.

Latest posts

Back