Which Ultrasonic Cold Fusion machine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldilocks29

Reaction score
Hi lads and lasses,

Apologies in advance for another cold fusion based query but haven't found any answers to this question yet and though it might be useful to a few of us extensionists!

I've been working for the last 5 years predominantly with hot fusion, pre-bonded and micro ring extensions and have recently had more and more enquiries about the Ultrasonic Cold Fusion method. I've seen how small and clean the attachments can looks so naturally have been curious to look further into it. I'm completely aware that it uses exactly the same keratin as pre-bonds and so essentially is just another clever marketing spin but hey ho, got to keep up with changing fashions etc...

I decided to buy one of the basic Loof machines just to experiment with this method initially and see if it's worth adding to the methods I offer. However I've been really disappointed by it :sad: Takes FOREVER to melt a bond, doesn't seem to melt it evenly so can't get the bonds as neat & professional looking as I'd like and it makes a subtle but really high pitched noise that after a few hours was driving me crazy! My poor dog was desperate to leave the room the moment I turned it on!!!!

Curious to know if anyone else experiences this with their machines? Or is mine faulty perhaps?!

More than happy to invest in a better quality machine and / or more training. Just wondered what machines everyone else was using and what you think of them?

Cheers me dears :lol: xx

Oh this is interesting! I'll be watching to see your replies x

It can take a while to get used to the machine, and the technique is not as similar to the hot fusion as many imagine.

The screeching only happens when the activeparts of the connector come together without any keratin between them.

With correct technique and practice the bonds you create are lovely neat flat bonds - with no screeching.

Thanks for your reply.

I know the screeching you're on about! Accidentally did that a few times :eek: The noise I mentioned isn't the same as this though, it's quite quiet but constant high pitched sound. Only way I can describe it is almost more of a feeling than a sound if that makes any sense? Kind of like that feeling in your glands just below your ears when you've blown up too many balloons! Maybe I'm just super sensitive and able to detect really high frequencies, like my dog :lol:

Still really keen to try and crack this method though! Can I ask which machine you use / would recommend?

Fab thread, lol at your description of the noise/feeling!!
I've bit the bullet and booked for great lengths cold fusion training, I'm there on Monday so I'll report back on my experiences with their machine. I really hope it's a quicker &more pleasant experience than what you've had so far. Their YouTube clip certainly makes it look it!!

I had the exact same problems when I got that stupid ultrasonic loof machine. I appear to be very sensitive to that sort of high-pitched frequency as well. I sent it back and got a refund, it wasn't worth the £120 I paid. As usual, you can get them from China for around £40.

Get yourself a proper one, they don't come cheap, but they're worth it if your main method is cold fusion. So.Cap do good ones, and obviously Great Lengths.

Well I completed the great lengths ultrasonic training today and I have to say I'm thrilled with the machine, the bonds it creates..and the overall standard of training.
Feedback on the machine...
It doesn't make any constant noises at all. As you clamp the connector on the bond it makes a little beep, then 1.2 seconds later it makes another beep to say its done. You need to do this twice before the bond is soft enough to fold in on both sides, then one more quick touch before rolling it or folding again for a flat bond. The bonds are minuscule, & I love the flat bonds.
I'm so relieved that I found it worthwhile and I can't wait to offer this to clients, I'm quite amazed at how quickly the bond becomes malleable and it really couldn't be described as anything more than lukewarm.
With any luck my fingerprints may return ;-))

Fab news! Thanks so much for keeping us updated Deb and glad to hear all went well. May well have get in touch with Great Lengths then!....x

It's definitely worth considering and they have interest free payment options so the outlay is a lot less than you think. Feel free to pm me if you'd like any further info on the course etc xx

I just booked my cold fusion with great lengths in sept I did my training with raccoon and I'm stil completeimg there full diploma I'm so glad someone else has done it and finds it so good :) soooo excited x

I am really interested in this.. I do tons of extensions.. all kinds.. but cold fusion is so interesting but i need to know more help me

Latest posts

Back