Which UV lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leann

Reaction score
Hi

i am looking to buy my first UV lamp. i know the saying you pay for what you get usually is true regarding quality of products but i was wondering if its worth paying over £100 for a uv lamp if its the same watt as a cheaper lamp? is there any benefits to buying a lamp thats around £100.

if anyone could help with this

thanks

you should always buy the lamp that is recommended for your product line. They are designed to work together for the best results. If you use a different lamp than recommended it could result in under/over curing, over exposure, and service breakdown. So if you are using CND products get the CND lamp, Young Nails product Young Nails Lamp, and so on. It's just not worth the cheaper price in the end.

I was wondering this also,Ive now spent about a week looking on the net for a UV Lamp :eek:.My problem is I am going to be doing a few different courses,like hollywood toes and gelish etc so would I need to buy a seperate lamp for each? Ive been looking on Amazon at the generic 36w UV lamps and was wondering if one of these would do just now? Anyone use them?

This has been covered in so many threads.. all i will say is to check first with your gel product distributor as to whether the lamp be correct for the system..

Sarah x

Hi

i am looking to buy my first UV lamp. i know the saying you pay for what you get usually is true regarding quality of products but i was wondering if its worth paying over £100 for a uv lamp if its the same watt as a cheaper lamp? is there any benefits to buying a lamp thats around £100.

if anyone could help with this

thanks

The wattage of the lamp has nothing to do with how the product cures.
The wattage is how much electricity the lamp is using to make itself work.
Hence why a one bulb lamp is usually 9watts as one bulb only needs 9watts to be able to work and a 36watt lamp will usually have 4 bulbs (4x9watts).
But it's the bulb itself and the output it has, where it's located within the lamp etc is what gives you the cure and this is why it's important to buy the recommended lamp for whichever system you use.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back