Which volume of peroxide?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beachy Waves

Reaction score
I have a client who had had an ombré with a L’Oréal 7cc mixed with a base 6 in February and now she is looking to lighten the whole thing up to an 11.3 with bleach highlights on top.
What would be the best volume of peroxide to use on the dark lengths to make the initial lift, and would you use a different volume on the virgin hair or just leave it on for less time?

11.3 is a high lift and it won’t do much on top of existing tint.

11.3 is a high lift and it won’t do much on top of existing tint.

I’m wanting to bleach the tint out first though- I’m just not sure whether to use a low volume like a 6% to allow it to lift it out over 50 minutes or so, then apply the 11.3 for an all over base colour. (Or do you just not think it will work over a tint at all?)

No, 11.3 is a high lift product so you shouldn’t use it over bleached hair. You should use a toner or a semi after bleaching.

My question is really about whether that volume of peroxide is the best to use or a higher one for less time? I plan to leave her roots out until the main processing has been done?
(I will reconsider the 11.3 and use something less harsh.) but am just needing advice on the peroxide as I’m trying to avoid as much of a demarcation line as possible.

No, 11.3 is a high lift product so you shouldn’t use it over bleached hair. You should use a toner or a semi after bleaching.

After reading some of the other advice you’ve given people- would it be a better bet to use a colour stripper such as Affinage Eraser on the whole head and then proceed with the 11.3? I’m still confused but want to cause as little damage as possible...

You should really only use a highlift on virgin hair as you usually use it with 12%. I’m trying to work out why you’re so set on using a highlift tint rather than bleach then tone?

Have you covered colour correction in your training yet?

You should really only use a highlift on virgin hair as you usually use it with 12%. I’m trying to work out why you’re so set on using a highlift tint rather than bleach then tone?

Have you covered colour correction in your training yet?

Hi- thanks for your advice - sorry if I’m being a bit frustrating! The colour correction has not been easy to understand for me but what I get really muddled about (as you’ve seen!) is the colours, the numbers, the cools and warms.
Before I started my hairdressing course I used to dye my own hair 11.3 with a 40% peroxide so I guess I’m just sticking to what I know, but I realised when you said, that that was of course on my virgin hair! I’m just not sure whether I’ve got my head around the colour charts properly yet.
Do you know if there’s a link to an explanation of them that is in a simple format, as our tutor seems to go through things so minimally I’m having trouble getting the ‘rules’ to stick in my head and would rather double check than risk a clients hair (even if they do know I’m training)

Latest posts

Back