Which wax brand for newbie?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireyfairy

Reaction score
Hi all, I am booked to do my waxing course next wk and want to start with a good quality wax after. I often hear perron rigiot mentioned on hear and beauty express have vat free today so I could stock up! What do people recommend and what essentials do I need eg pre and post lotion, wax strips etc. My trainer has given me a list but I just want to get a good brand rather than the basic as I hear it makes a big difference. Thanks so much x

We use PhD wax in our salon and I use it at home. It's really quick as the wax comes in separate tubes, you heat the tubes in the heater and use disposable heads for application instead of spatulas. No faffing at all, the crmpe wax is better than the honey wax as well. Also it cuts down on treatment time as you can apply it so fast so you can get more clients done in less time. They do a full kit at Ellisons. I would never go back to any other wax now, it's super hygienic too!!

Adam & Eve wax warm and hot is great. They have wonderful customer service too.

Hi all, I am booked to do my waxing course next wk and want to start with a good quality wax after. I often hear perron rigiot mentioned on hear and beauty express have vat free today so I could stock up! What do people recommend and what essentials do I need eg pre and post lotion, wax strips etc. My trainer has given me a list but I just want to get a good brand rather than the basic as I hear it makes a big difference. Thanks so much x

If you're going to get Perron Rigot you should probably get these products;
Blue lotion - used to pre cleanse
Jasmine oil - used as a pre wax oil
Post waxing - refreshing gel or moisturising milk

If you contact Thalgo they will send you out a sample pack which will include one of each of these as well as a sample bag of non-strip wax.

Hth Jack

I use and love all the products Jack mentioned and use PR Intimate 4 wax. I recently ran out of the refreshing gel so bought an after wax moisturiser from Sally because I wanted to wait until I needed wax before ordering the gel. I was so happy yesterday when I got to my last 4 bags of wax and had to place an order, that gel is the one!

Thank u everyone. As beauty express had vat free the other day i took a chance and ordered some crystal ocean, euro blonde and jasmine oil. The blue cleanser was out of stock so got a hive one. Cant wait to train now! Sure Il have lots more questions soon! Thanks again x

Latest posts

Back