Which wax do you all use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leanejayne

Reaction score
Hi ladies and gents,

Fairly new to waxing..
I have been using just wax warm wax (honey wax and the creme wax)
I am currently trying hive options hot wax this afternoon on myself.
I find I'm struggling with longer hairs with the creme wax especially on the bikini line area.
I want to invest some money into a good wax or 2 but I don't know which ones as there are so many!!
What do you use? Any recommendations?

Thank in advance for your help!!!
X

I have found a hidden treasure in waxing! WaWa wax! lashbase sell it. I get my lashes from them and came across wawa on their site and haven't looked back!

I have found a hidden treasure in waxing! WaWa wax! lashbase sell it. I get my lashes from them and came across wawa on their site and haven't looked back!

I have just found out Sienna X (spray tans) are releasing a warm and hot wax!!! I love the tans and I offer the tans. So I'm very tempted to try the waxes. I may see if I can get a sample to try. "Try before you buy"

If you sign up to the new sienna range they will give u a call and explain all about it.

I was struggling to find a wax that I got on with for a long time! I tried to get gold of Lycon as I used to use them on Cruise Ships but no one bothered to get back to me.

Anyway, was talking to my S2 rep about it and she convinced me to use Waxperts who they have just starting stocking. I absolutely love it! They do Warm Wax, Hot Wax, Pre & Post Oils, Ingrown Hair Removal Products and nice marketing. I feel like I'm using a proper brand which is what I like. I asked my clients what they thought and I have only had positive feedback. They say it a lot less painful!

Now I am sticking with it! Hope that helps!!!

X

I've tried most of the good brands, Outback Organics, Waxperts, Berins and PR. I've been using PR for over a year exclusively now and I'm sticking with it unless something amazing comes along! I like the Mojito strip wax the best and the Homme hot wax. I find it easier to use than other waxes and also it works practically for me i.e. the strip wax tins go straight in the heater unlike some of the others which come in plastic tubs. The hot waxes come in bead form so its easy just to tip more in my heaters every night when I finish. Try a few brands out and see what you like best, it's personal taste but I definitely think you get what you pay for with wax. Good luck.

I've always used Ellisons honey wax (warm) it was cheap and never had a problem with it.

I've use the Lycon's SoBerry wax at work and it is lovely and much more gentle on clients as it has aroma oils in it.

I've only used Perron Rigot's Euroblonde for imitate areas and I love it! I don't think I can give good Hollywood/Brazilian wax without it!
I've tried Lycon's Rosette hot wax and I'm struggling to do intimate areas with it when I was practising with my trained colleagues.

Hi ladies and gents,

Fairly new to waxing..
I have been using just wax warm wax (honey wax and the creme wax)
I am currently trying hive options hot wax this afternoon on myself.
I find I'm struggling with longer hairs with the creme wax especially on the bikini line area.
I want to invest some money into a good wax or 2 but I don't know which ones as there are so many!!
What do you use? Any recommendations?

Thank in advance for your help!!!
X

hey :)

just wondering did you do a course in hot waxing?

I'm doing my waxing course at the end of the month and wondering if its worth doing a hot waxing course as well.

I'm doing my waxing course at the end of the month and wondering if its worth doing a hot waxing course as well.

Hello,

I emails elisions and I don't need to do a hot wax course if I have already done warm waxing.
But to double check with insurance. (I don't want to do intimate waxing just yet anyway, which is with hot wax so would need that qualification. But as I can wax other areas I am covered through warm wax and hot wax apparently)
I haven't done hot wax on anyone other than myself yet anyway. Just check with your insurer!
X

Hello,

I emails elisions and I don't need to do a hot wax course if I have already done warm waxing.
But to double check with insurance. (I don't want to do intimate waxing just yet anyway, which is with hot wax so would need that qualification. But as I can wax other areas I am covered through warm wax and hot wax apparently)
I haven't done hot wax on anyone other than myself yet anyway. Just check with your insurer!
X

Thank you for your reply! :)

Can't wait to do my waxing course! If you need a Guinea pig for the hot wax I live 20 mins from Tamworth! Haha :)

Thank you for your reply! :)

Can't wait to do my waxing course! If you need a Guinea pig for the hot wax I live 20 mins from Tamworth! Haha :)

Well that's great to know!!
I shall do!!
x

I did

I would recommend you watch a DVD called Whole Ball of Wax by Lori Nestore. I brought the DVD at £75 it's now on sale for £49! It demonstrates how go use hot and warm wax and tips to position the client when waxing certain areas.
It's a brilliant DVD.
We only had an hours training in hot wax on my level 2 beauty course and didn't cover intimate area.

After watching the DVD it was very useful especially when I tried to do hollywood wax. I tried my first hollywood wax on a friends and it went well.
Got better each time.

Hi, those of you who have been using the Sienna X wax how are you finding it? I'm really tempted as its a brand.

I was struggling to find a wax that I got on with for a long time! I tried to get gold of Lycon as I used to use them on Cruise Ships but no one bothered to get back to me.

Anyway, was talking to my S2 rep about it and she convinced me to use Waxperts who they have just starting stocking. I absolutely love it! They do Warm Wax, Hot Wax, Pre & Post Oils, Ingrown Hair Removal Products and nice marketing. I feel like I'm using a proper brand which is what I like. I asked my clients what they thought and I have only had positive feedback. They say it a lot less painful!

Now I am sticking with it! Hope that helps!!!

X

Do you have to train with Waxperts to be able to use their wax?

I use Perron Rigot and Berodin which is Lori Nestor's endorsed range. You need to decide whether you want to use more luxury waxes
as your prices will need to reflect this.x

Do you use their hot wax too? Wonder what this is like.

Salon system is amazing! As long as you wax correctly I am looking into Perron rigot though

But I'd avoid honey wax hate it!!

Waxpert wax is amazing. As a previous poster put its lovely to have a complete brand. The quality of the product is amazing and make waxing treatments a joy to do. Client feedback has been amazing too. I have been using it since September 2015 and never looked back.

I use flirties hard and cream waxes both lush aromas and great to use [emoji106][emoji106]

Latest posts

Back