Which waxing system - anyone recommend one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitten

Reaction score
I've completed four out of 14 weeks of my waxing course, and am starting to price up buying a waxing system in the next couple of months, and was wondering if any of you geeks offered waxing, and if so, which system would you recommend? We're using the traditional pot and spatula method at college. New health & safety req's mean we have to dribble the wax from the 'pot spatula' onto a 'client spatula' so that cross infection etc. is kept to minimum. So this makes me wonder whether anyone would recommend those roller ones? Help is much appreciated - thanks in advance geeks! xxx

Know nothing at all about waxing from doing it, but I think I remember from the few times I've had it done (I'm sure my leg roots are made of titanium - I have to shave because waxing and epilating does nothing!!) rather than dribbling from one spatula to another, my technician used a different spatula every time. It might be a bit more costly, but would probably be less messy and time consuming than dribbling the wax from one spatula to another?
Have no idea how much spatulas cost, so maybe I just have a rich tech who can afford to waste them...!
Lol x

hi ya

i use the phd wax system its the most hygenic plus i find it so much quicker than spatula waxing also there is no risk of contamonation with it as u use a different disposable head for each client . u can get it from ellissons catologue i think they have a web site as well it costs £99
i personally like it better than roller waxing , i still do hot waxing as i find it more gentle for brazilian waxing etc hth xx

Hi

I have just got the depileve roller waxing pistols www.smartbuy-catalogue.com and its excellent. As the wax is only in small cartridges it heats up really quick. They have loads of different kinds of wax for different skin types too its really good. The holder is a bonus to as your hands don't get too hot with holding the cartridges.
The roller heads are dead cheap too only 35p each! some of them are ££££ i have had a depileve paraffin wax heater for 10 years and its still going strong! So i can vouch for the great quality.

hi there
at the salon i work at we use the phd waxing system, and it is excellent. it is a roller system, and the wax goes on really smooth, and once you get going it is very quick as well. it is also a good advantage to clients, as you use a different disposable head on the tube on each client, thus no cross contamination!
hope that helps!

Hi :biggrin:
I use PHD wax as its so hygienic and its less messy than the wax pot.
It does work out more expensive in the long run to use than the wax pot but as I said its more hygienic.
If you do use the wax pot you must use a new spatula every time ,you cannot dip the spatula in the pot twice. :biggrin:

Ruby

Thanks geeks - it certainly seems that PHD is popular - I've looked at that one too. I think I'll take the plunge then, I think you get some free training too if you buy it through Ellisons or similar. Thanks again geeks! xxx

i personally like it better than roller waxing , i still do hot waxing as i find it more gentle for brazilian waxing etc hth xx[/QUOTE]
hi,

do you get much interest off people wanting brazlian waxing? correct me if i'm wrong the brazilian is where it's all off isn't rather than hollywood which is a stripe??

pen xx

Brazilian is with the landing strip and the hollywood is everything.

I have the brazillian, the wax they use is from russia and is like toffee (not sure of the make) You heat the wax in the palm of your hands then its ready to use. The same bit of wax is used for one whole side. Its the most amazing wax ever. It is done so quickly and hardly hurts at all. I find the hot wax very painful.

(If anyone no's the name of this wax i would appreciate it)

Regards
Lisa

Latest posts

Back