Which Wella highlift?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balticafe

Reaction score
Hi, can please people working with wella help me out?
I am a mobile hairdresser sometimes and I'm going this saturday to a client's home. She asked me to get wella products to do her roots. But the problem is, I wasn't trained with wella but Schwarzkopf. She sent me a picture. Can someone please help me with which wella highlift colours I should buy.
Thanks a lot

Attachments

• whichwella.jpg
    whichwella.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 427
Can you not stick with the products you know? I wouldn't be happy with a client telling me what to buy!
But in answer to your question I don't use Wella so can't advise you I'm afraid.

Hi there, what base level is your client? I tend to find the 12/89 or 12/81 very good, and sometimes I'll even tone after with a 9/8 if it's still a bit warm. But to be honest, unless you are working on an 8 above, highly unlikely to achieve this lightness without bleach and tone.

Personally, don't let your client dictate what brand they want you to use as you're the professional. Stick to what you know, especially with new clients!! Good luck

Thank you so much for your replies and advice, ladies.
Because I promised her already, I am going to do it, since I don't work in a salon and really need all the work I can get. Most of the time, I meet with clients and then get schwarzkopf products for them, but since this lady has been getting her hair done in a salon with wella but doesn't want to spend a lot anymore, she asked me to do it.
Her base is an ashy 8. I tried to find some information about wella colour numbers and the best choice for me looks like 12/81 or 12/89. But one thing I don't get with wella, what is the difference between their 1 and 9? They are both ash but what colour bases are they? In Scharzkopf ash is blue, but in wella blue is pearl. So confusing for me.
Thanks again for your help

Personally I think 12/89 will come up too warm for this, id go either 12/81 or 12/11 x

I just lie and say I'm licenced and insurance as per my training with a certain brand, so you can match in Swarkopft or take in risk into the unknown with Wella.

I think you need more ash than the 12/89 from experience it does go quite warm depending on how hair lifts but id play it safe! What about 12/11?? X

I would say 12/81 hun.
Will tone any brassiness as it lifts

I like 12/1 I usually use it but I would prob through a few bleach foils though it aswel just 2 brake it up xxx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402590755.288073.jpg
This might help you understand the difference in ash tones x

I would do 12/81 in wella it would be perfect , if u want to do it in schwarzkopf do something like a 12-11

Thanks everyone for your help. You are great! And the picture was very helpful too.

Hey I would suggest 12/88, cause 12/81 or 12/89, they will be quite warm ..
So basically use special mix 0/88and 12/0 highlift..

12/11 it will come out very warm, u will need extra strength to kill the orange undertones which in wella is /8

I was experimenting with 12/81 on my own hair yesterday as I'd never used it before on clients before. I normally stick with the 12/0, 12/1 and my current favourite 12/89.
I just did a test strand and noticed where it touched my already highlighted hair it left a purple tone. Do you find this happens and you have to be very careful about touching previously highlighted hair?

Sent from my ST26i using SalonGeek mobile app

I was experimenting with 12/81 on my own hair yesterday as I'd never used it before on clients before. I normally stick with the 12/0, 12/1 and my current favourite 12/89.
I just did a test strand and noticed where it touched my already highlighted hair it left a purple tone. Do you find this happens and you have to be very careful about touching previously highlighted hair?

Sent from my ST26i using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes you have to be very carefull not to over lap as it has a lot if tone in it and it will over tone previously lightened hair x

What is her natural base?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would use 12/1 and 12vol

This was from June lol

Latest posts

Back