Which white is right

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

princessmowgli

Reaction score
Please help. I need a good white nail polish. I currently have two, one non branded & the other OPI. I know white can be a dodgy colour anyway but both seem quite poor, regardless of brand.
Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Sonia

princessmowgli said:
Please help. I need a good white nail polish. I currently have two, one non branded & the other OPI. I know white can be a dodgy colour anyway but both seem quite poor, regardless of brand.
Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Sonia
Hi Sonia: the Creative polishes are second to none!! And i'm not even a Creative person!!

Thanks for that Carole. Is it simply that as an overall base colour white will always look at bit 'URGH'. Not that I like white in this capacity it's just that George Cross & all that white is the bulk colour.

Sonia

princessmowgli said:
Thanks for that Carole. Is it simply that as an overall base colour white will always look at bit 'URGH'. Not that I like white in this capacity it's just that George Cross & all that white is the bulk colour.

Sonia
Basically, as explained by Geeg in a previous thread, it is all dependent on what pigments are used in making a polish. Wwhite is the one that goes "gunky" the worst because it has a high titanium content therefore the pigment is thick (Geeg, I think that's correct isnt it?). Nevertheless, as also explained by Geeg, because the Creative polishes are "thixotropic" (put that in a search and you'll find the original thread) they dont go gunky as quickly. I agree that with a lot of whites when they are the bulk colour, they can look really gloopy but do try the Creative one.

Cheers, will do a search & order one ASAP. Ideas as regards to £ & stockistsSonia

princessmowgli said:
Cheers, will do a search & order one ASAP. Ideas as regards to £ & stockistsSonia
Why dont you send a PM to StanleyAnn. She was selling a whole load of brand new Creative polishes a few days ago coz she'd overstocked and she was doing them for £3.50 + p&p. Other than that you'd need to go to the Creative site (http://www.designernails.com) or if you live near one, a One Stop Nail Shop (ask Creative where they are).

Hope i've helped a bit!

You've helped loads thanks, about the only one of ??? who bothered.
Much appreciated.

Sonia

hi i would definatley go with the creative white coz it is the only one i can do a french manicure with, i have tried loads and they always were gloopy and didnt go on right (it might have been me though!!) and when i got one from creative i always wear it now on my toes and it looks lovely, good luck

I agree with carole that creative is a polish second to none, and again i'm not creative trained. I love star nails, but even their white goes gloopy. One thing you never do is thin a polish down, once you've done it you will always have to do it.

As you are all au fait with Creative would you be so kind as to suggest a decent white base colour that will be suitable for my nail art. Have been on sites & looked at colour charts but you cannot always rely on shade accuracy.

Also will Creative be able to tell me who my local suppliers are?

Thanks in advance

Sonia

The White you want to order is Creative 'Creme Puff' -- NO it is not cream it IS white and no streaks so is perfect for what you want to do.

My suggestion is to use 2-3 thin coats if you aregoing to cover the whole nail solid.. The Creative enamels dry VERY quickly.

Thanks Geeg, will get on the case right away. Can I order direct or do I need to get it from a local supplier, if there is one?

princessmowgli said:
Thanks Geeg, will get on the case right away. Can I order direct or do I need to get it from a local supplier, if there is one?
Hi hunny: use the info i gave you earlier in the thread to see if there's a local supplier. Creative's details are all there for ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back