white blonde look what do you use to achieve it ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minky

Reaction score
Hi just wondered what some of you prefer to use directly on the scalp to achieve that white blonde bombshell look,
I use a specially made gel for high lift on the scalp bleaching,
just wondered what others preferred ? :hug:

I use a violet based bleach and the developer vol needed. I also add a packet of sweet and low to the bleach to help out with any stinging of the scalp.

I use schwartzkopf blondeme bleach with 6% or 3% on sensitive scalps. Then depending on what lift I acheive I use the steel blue toner neat or mixed with the ice. Goes very, very white :)

JDs
I use a violet based bleach and the developer vol needed. I also add a packet of sweet
and low to the bleach to help out with any stinging of the scalp.

minky here
Hi JDs ,wow learn something new everyday , I have never put sweet and low in it, how would does this work ? and thanks for the tip x

Ps JDs is there an easier way to send a post like this one ? I seem to spend hours, lol

hairgeek.gif
nailgeek.gif
mood_Excited.gif
love.gif
music.gif
film.gif

Sophisticuts
I use schwartzkopf blondeme bleach with 6% or 3% on sensitive scalps. Then depending on what lift I acheive I use the steel blue toner neat or mixed with the ice. Goes very, very white :)

minky here
Hi Donna, I used to use Schwartzkopf products a lot but now use Wella and a few other favourite ones too , I was hoping you could enlighten me on what steel blue is? and what make ? and also ice? are these toners /tints? and what ratio did you use ? sounds fab cheers, minky:hug:

minky here
Hi JDs ,wow learn something new everyday , I have never put sweet and low in it, how would does this work ? and thanks for the tip x

Ps JDs is there an easier way to send a post like this one ? I seem to spend hours, lol

I am not positive and have never heard WHAT is in it that makes the burn/itch go away, but just adding 1/2 to 1 packet of sweet n Low helps..I have no idea why. I heard about it in a coloring class.
I will PM you about how to quote etc. :D

minky here
Hi Donna, I used to use Schwartzkopf products a lot but now use Wella and a few other favourite ones too , I was hoping you could enlighten me on what steel blue is? and what make ? and also ice? are these toners /tints? and what ratio did you use ? sounds fab cheers, minky:hug:

I use the complete blondeme range. The steel blue and ice are toners in the range. You can intermix them (and others !) with a tonal base cream and developer to acheive different intensities and tones. To get my white look I use steel blue on its one 1:1 with its developer (2.5%) for 20 mins. If I want it slightly less intense I use equal quantities of steel blue and ice and developer 1:1:2.

Blonde is a fairly new range (and fab) but if not I use bleach 6%/3% and schwarzkopf 9.5/49 as a toner (1:2 with 3%) and visually develop. :)

I use the complete blondeme range. The steel blue and ice are toners in the range. You can intermix them (and others !) with a tonal base cream and developer to acheive different intensities and tones. To get my white look I use steel blue on its one 1:1 with its developer (2.5%) for 20 mins. If I want it slightly less intense I use equal quantities of steel blue and ice and developer 1:1:2.

Blonde is a fairly new range (and fab) but if not I use bleach 6%/3% and schwarzkopf 9.5/49 as a toner (1:2 with 3%) and visually develop. :)

Hi Donna Some really good toning advice there Thanks , I for one will be scribbling it down and taking it to the wholesalers , I just love trying everything new ,:hug:

sorry i'm not a hair geek but i was reading the thread and made me wonder.... i naturally have very dark hair and have spent the last 12 months going blonde professionally . i have now reached full blonde yippee!
but up until march i was having foils in every 6 weeks i now have just a paste put on my roots every 4 weeks but was told this wasn't bleach it was much kinder to the hair and saves having all that bleach when having foils.

so what is it that i have on my roots if it's not bleach? it lightens my roots really well it did sting the first 3 times having it done and a week after i would get a very flaky scalp but now it does happen at all and no stinging.

sorry for butted in on the thread, my apologies just wanted to find out.
lucy x

Hi,

I would image if your hair is very dark that it is a type of bleach. Its hard to guess unless I could see your natural colour and level of blonde you are, condition of hair etc...:)

There are some special fashion hi-lifts you can use of very dark hair but not on the scalp normally. if you are suffering a dry scalp after application I would guess that either one of these off the scalp applications has been used or bleach. I hope this helps but its hard to assess from a pc :green:

H Lucy, Does she put you under a warm dryer with a cap over your hair?

all i do is go in have this paste put on my roots ( root length less than 5mm) then sit under a heat halo type thing and i sit under that for about 30-40min . then hay presto my roots are done.
my scalp isn't dry at all now it was just the first 2 times that i had it put on. it was as if it had burnt the scalp, it wasn't like lots of little flakes i'm taking quite big bits like peeling skin after holiday. sorry just trying to explain lol . it doesn't happen any more no tingling when it goes on.

Picture171-1.jpg
Picture177.jpg

just wanted say pics taken about 4 months ago my hair is now blonde all over (the light blonde in pic).

thanks girls i do now feel like i've taken over this thread.:lol::smack:
IMG%5D

well, in my opinion. it's bleach. Your NL is not that dark. Judging by the pics and taking into consideration of lighting, I would say you are about a 5 or 6. Easy to lift it to a light blonde.
Plus the pic looks as though you have more of a Natural ash tone to it which makes it that much easier to get a cool blonde.

Hi I Totally agree with JDs, tel you what though ,
your hair colour looks really nice ,:hug:

Thanks for the pics Lucy, the colour is gorge! I am in agreement with JD and minky the level it looks does look like a bleach. I am much lighter nat. but my hi-lift tint does not come up that blonde! You are not that dark nat. as JD says.

Maybe she is using a creme bleach and does not consider that a bleach in the old fashioned sense as the lifting is more controlled??? :)

thank you for your nice comments !:hug::hug:

i have had a look at my appointment card and it says on there Tint/Foils then every other visit Tint only. maybe this is what it is??.

i've tried to do a close up pic of my roots as an idea maybe not a good time as i only had them done last saturday lol.

roots
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/1starbrite1/Picture181-1.jpg

side view
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/1starbrite1/Picture185.jpg
underneath now
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/1starbrite1/Picture190.jpg

i will now go away and stop hogging other peoples threads :o

lucy x

thank you for your nice comments !:hug::hug:

i have had a look at my appointment card and it says on there Tint/Foils then every other visit Tint only. maybe this is what it is??.

i've tried to do a close up pic of my roots as an idea maybe not a good time as i only had them done last saturday lol.

roots
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/1starbrite1/Picture181-1.jpg

side view
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/1starbrite1/Picture185.jpg
underneath now
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/1starbrite1/Picture190.jpg

i will now go away and stop hogging other peoples threads :o

lucy x

Hi I think it could mean - Tint/Foils = Blond Tint on roots plus light brown foils and bleached foils ,
scattered through

Then every other visit tint only = Blond tint on roots only ,

This is a way of keeping your blonde hair in good condition,
and also a way of boosting the blond bits with a few scattered bleached foils and brown foils,
if and when needed

My guess is she may have popped your foils in first,
Then put the paste/Tint on your roots in between the foils ?

Next time it would be roots only.

Anyway it is fab and she should be told she has done a great job ,
:hug: x

Hi Lift Tint. Dbl 40

Hi Lucy,

The colour looks great. I agree with minky (again!) it look like hi-lift and bleach couldnt see the dark tint though Minky???Is the dark just possibly Lucy's nat. colour underneath??? Looks like only 3/4 head has been done this time. Looked to me like bleach foils and then flooded through with a beige hi-lift blonde.

Looks nice anyway Lucy and fab condition which is always nice to see :green:

i agree.i think your hair looks fab lucy.i love the colours in it and i think your natural dark colour just adds to the affect.gorgeous,im so jealous:green:

Latest posts

Back