white blonde look what do you use to achieve it ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Lucy,

The colour looks great. I agree with minky (again!) it look like hi-lift and bleach couldnt see the dark tint though Minky???Is the dark just possibly Lucy's nat. colour underneath??? Looks like only 3/4 head has been done this time. Looked to me like bleach foils and then flooded through with a beige hi-lift blonde.

Looks nice anyway Lucy and fab condition which is always nice to see :green:

Hi sophiticutz or someone , please tell me I aint going mad but I can see some fine light brown lowlights in this hair pic can anyone else ?:eek:
I just got new glasses so please look closer for me :cry:
gettin a bit worried now :eek:

here is the pic side view
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...Picture185.jpg

LOL minky:hug:

yes i think you are right minky,

i havent had it done for the last couple of visits but she does use a dark color she says it helps to break up the blonde. i know she used to have 3 bowls with product in them 1 was the darker and the other had 2 diff blonde.

i can remember her showing me the color book explaining the different colors she was going to use and what she was saying was just going straight over my head :lol:

we have just started to do the underneath . i was getting really fed up with it as i have to tie it back for work i hated that blonde/black look, so i was going to get it cut short to solve this problem but i did say i would prefer to have lots of foils than have it cut so thats what she did. but my gosh that bleach was strong i could feel my eyes watering when they were washing it out :cry:.

i'm really pleased with my hair and so glad it is good condition. that was my main concern, 8 years ago a friend used a color at home on my head yes i went blonde but also lost half my hair:eek::eek: it was really bad, also took ages to get it back into the condition it had been.

it has cost alot of money but she did say when i first meet her that if i wanted to go light blonde i would have to be prepared for regular visits every 6 weeks when just the foils but now every 4 weeks for the tint and also the cost at £50-£90 (including trims) a time but i must say it's worth every penny as i always get so many comments when i have it done.
lucyx

Hi sophiticutz or someone , please tell me I aint going mad but I can see some fine light brown lowlights in this hair pic can anyone else ?:eek:
I just got new glasses so please look closer for me :cry:
gettin a bit worried now :eek:

here is the pic side view
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...Picture185.jpg

LOL minky:hug:

hahaha I looked again and cannot see that brown???? I can see a golden blonde; around about an 8; going through, get them glasses checked mate :green:

OMG this is scarey I could be colouring my clients hair all sorts of shades :lol:

Taking into consideration of lighting. I would agree with Donna that it is a golden dark blonde against the platium blonde which would make the darker blonde look darker than it really is.

Hi all

I'm new to this lol. Been reading the posts on the blonde girls hair, in my professional opinion, to acheive this look, i would do a full head foils of bleach and 6%, wella koleston 12/89 and 12% and maybe a lowlight of 8/0 and 6%, then every 6 weeks or so, i would just do a half head or through the parting to brighten it up. If her hairdresser is only tinting the roots, they might just do the highlights every 2nd time, and use the 12/89 or similar high lift tint for the regrowth. But in my opinion, i feel that putting 12% directly onto the scalp would burn and that would explain the flakiness and soreness and could end up going quite brassy, meaning you would have to use a silver toner after it has been washed out. I would recommend you do your roots with foils and just loads and loads of fine highlights, keeping the 8/0 etc to break up the blonde so it doesnt go too light. Just my opinion lol.

Sharon x

Hi all

I'm new to this lol. Been reading the posts on the blonde girls hair, in my professional opinion, to acheive this look, i would do a full head foils of bleach and 6%, wella koleston 12/89 and 12% and maybe a lowlight of 8/0 and 6%, then every 6 weeks or so, i would just do a half head or through the parting to brighten it up. If her hairdresser is only tinting the roots, they might just do the highlights every 2nd time, and use the 12/89 or similar high lift tint for the regrowth. But in my opinion, i feel that putting 12% directly onto the scalp would burn and that would explain the flakiness and soreness and could end up going quite brassy, meaning you would have to use a silver toner after it has been washed out. I would recommend you do your roots with foils and just loads and loads of fine highlights, keeping the 8/0 etc to break up the blonde so it doesnt go too light. Just my opinion lol.

Sharon x

Hiya welcome to salon geek where all our opinions are valuable I am glad you took the the time out to answer :hug:
That sounds lovely too,

but just maybe I think would have to use just a bit darker than an 8/0 for the darker lowlights with a little gold tone in it ,

But only to stop it going overly blonde with the method being used at the moment ,

:hug: minky

Yeah Minky, Maybe a 7 i suppose. I'ts a lovely colour though eh?
x

I am not positive and have never heard WHAT is in it that makes the burn/itch go away, but just adding 1/2 to 1 packet of sweet n Low helps..I have no idea why. I heard about it in a coloring class.
I will PM you about how to quote etc. :D
It's not what's in it but the chemical reaction that happens, I posed this very same question to Tom Dispenza who worked for Clairol in Research and Devolpment, the chemist he introduced us to explained how the chemical in sweet and low (cannot be equal or splenda, must be in the pink packet) lowered the pH of the tint or bleach with out lowering the effectiveness. The way the chemical in sweet and low binds to the oxidizer (ammonia) it penetrates the hair just as effectively with out being as harsh on the scalp.

Lightly misting the hair with Sprite or a lemon lime soda will do the same thing, the soda lowers the pH, but is still an oxidizer. It isn't as effective as sweet and low but it does in a pinch.

As to the white blonde look, it would depend on how dark or light the hair was, I like Power Blond by Scruples (smells good too) for lighter bases and Platinium with blue paste for darker bases. I'll openly admit my favorite toner is T18 White lady by wella, but it is sold over the counter here so I've come to rely on Luo Color 10N for a soft bombshell blonde. I don't like a flat solid blonde, so usually if we are doing a global blonde, I'll talk them into to foiling a few deeper beige pieces or taking them to a light blonde and adding highlights that are a lighter blonde through the top.

Hi all

Sharon x

Hiya shazkev , never had much time today to read the posts today just quickly glanced through them
but I was just looking over your method again ,

I love 12/89 by wella in foils ,
and I also love using the wella blondor with 6% totally agree both these colour choices are fab in foils ,

Also I think I now see what you mean, eg, the 8/0 and 6% in foils too and (on her natural base) would bring it to a really nice caramel sort of colour? and this would keep the low lighted look within the natural hair ?

In that case and with your method yes I would use foils and 8/0 with 6% as well,
Placing it on her natural hair depths to produce the lowlights within the hair ,

I always think that there comes a point though when highlights become too light at the mid lenghts and ends,
and then that is when I would think about adding a few bits of light gold brown in it woven out in foils and lightly scattered throughout ,
and yes her hair is gorgeouse :hug:

I think it is quite hard sometimes to try and put across what we mean in writing as hairdressers,
as when I do try to explain it in writing it sometimes looks all wrong ,
and I am forever editing LOL :hug: x
anyway enjoy the salon geek ,and happy geeking ,

It's not what's in it but the chemical reaction that happens, I posed this very same question to Tom Dispenza who worked for Clairol in Research and Devolpment, the chemist he introduced us to explained how the chemical in sweet and low (cannot be equal or splenda, must be in the pink packet) lowered the pH of the tint or bleach with out lowering the effectiveness. The way the chemical in sweet and low binds to the oxidizer (ammonia) it penetrates the hair just as effectively with out being as harsh on the scalp.

Lightly misting the hair with Sprite or a lemon lime soda will do the same thing, the soda lowers the pH, but is still an oxidizer. It isn't as effective as sweet and low but it does in a pinch.

As to the white blonde look, it would depend on how dark or light the hair was, I like Power Blond by Scruples (smells good too) for lighter bases and Platinium with blue paste for darker bases. I'll openly admit my favorite toner is T18 White lady by wella, but it is sold over the counter here so I've come to rely on Luo Color 10N for a soft bombshell blonde. I don't like a flat solid blonde, so usually if we are doing a global blonde, I'll talk them into to foiling a few deeper beige pieces or taking them to a light blonde and adding highlights that are a lighter blonde through the top.

Hi jeni , thanks for answering the sweet and low question quite amazing at the way these things work ,
The T 18 white lady by wella ? thats interesting ,:eek: Wow I have never even heard of it not over here,
We have one that used to be called Manhattan
but now it is 0/6 silver colour fresh which is fab,
Hey I like the (global blonde expression) I'm going to nick that one :hug:

Hi jeni , thanks for answering the sweet and low question quite amazing at the way these things work ,
The T 18 white lady by wella ? thats interesting ,:eek: Wow I have never even heard of it not over here,
We have one that used to be called Manhattan
but now it is 0/6 silver colour fresh which is fab,
Hey I like the (global blonde expression) I'm going to nick that one :hug:

Global blonding is now yours- or at least I'll share, that's what our clients have been trained to ask for and we do quite a bit of it. The "look" here now is for a multi-tonal or platinum blonde from the occipital up and a deeper color, level 5 or darker usually a red, red brown or plum color underneath. Occasionally they will want a panel or two of their darker color as a "peek a boo" or and accent in the fringe. They still ask for global on top (to them they know we will make ALL of the hair on top blonde) and dark underneath.

while i have the opportunity to add to hair threads .... here we go
can only be achieved if you allow the correct time without toner, every company has their own methods to get this look. The slower it happens the less damage is caused. I realise this is time issue, but that the talent of client booking (and a good collection of magazines). If you dont allow this time, you throw on a toner (achieve white today) yet after 2 shampoos it's palest yellow, which is not what the client is looking for. As long as the client has time, there is no such thing as wasted time. While bleach is doing it's stuff you can be cutting, colouring, bleaching ....etc, it's all about time structure.
Only gaurantee what the hair will allow you to do, some hair just won't shift.
It's all about the reality of a situation.

Latest posts

Back