White blotches

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownt62

Reaction score
Does anyone know why someone would develop white blotches on their arms two days after spray tan applied (similar to vitiligo). Tan perfect otherwise and client did all prep thoroughly beforehand..

Would appreciate any help on this please
thanks
Jan

I had these blotches last time my sis tanned me and so she did when i done her...i personally am putting it down to my machine and think something may be wrong with the gun as apart from using too much solution.. these blotches appeared!! maybe you need a new gun ??? im no expert mind ... not yet anyway lol

did she caught in the rain on her way home ?

This can be caused by a current or past yeast infection of the skin it kills/ eats the melanin and so does not react to the tanning solution or for that matter sunshine, I have it a little on my side and so does a doctor friend who little patches look like finger prints on her arm when she is spray tanned/sunshine

Wow I always wondered what that little white patch on the crease of my elbow was!!

ahh every day is a school day

Hi thank you for the responses. Re yeast infection ould the white patches show up after two days? Client's arms were perfect initially and then 2days later white marks showed up... Also is there any way to prevent it happening again?

I would really appreciate an answer as would like to get back to client as soon as possible
thanks again
Jan

It could show more after a couple days as guide colour would be well and truly washed and not cover so well the patches, as always poss suggest a visit to the docs to find out properly what it is, they usually check with an ultra violet light as it glows white if it is a yeast type infection

Latest posts

Back