white clouds in my nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grace

Reaction score
Hi there,
Need some help as i am puzzled, I am new to p&w acrylic, I love gel and fabric, but have only ever done plain acrylic so p&w is something I have been playing with.

Last night I had a go at sculpting p&w on my own nails, one was fine but the index and middle finger of my left hand has got clouds in it, right by the smile line, however it is like inbedded in the pink, so it is not like frosting on the top layer, the top of the nail is nice and smooth and shinny but inside it is white and cloudy, where i have placed the pink.

Why is this, and why did it happen on two nails yet not the other one i did?

I tried to get a photo on here but it just will not have it, can only do it by putting it from a web site and i dont want them on site.

I am using ezflow acrylic so help help and help again.

Grace x (please)

Grace - i'm learning L&P with OPI system and i got this when there was tiny bits of white powder left in my brush when i started to apply zone 2 - it might not be this but worth checking...atb Lou

This is a pic of the nails grace is talking about...they also are on premium geek.
The clouding didn't happen untill the morning after, they were fine after she had done them

Attachments

• cloudy nail 1.JPG
    cloudy nail 1.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 1,054
  • cloudy pic two.JPG
    cloudy pic two.JPG
    8 KB · Views: 1,078
looks to me like pocket lifting.maybe you were working to wet on them nails

I second that. Either your app was too wet, or you got a nasty case of onycholysis... did you do a lot of pinching?

Hi there,
no pinching, but yes too wet sounds like me. I am not very good at my ratio's and this would explain why the first two were like this yet the third was fine. Maybe i will soak them of and try try again.

I will get it right, probably be 82 before i get it but hey must keep trying.

thanks for the help, must work dryer.

Grace x

I attempted another three finger nails with this P&W acrylic lark again in hope i could work dryer and get the hang of it and stop feeling so useless.

It happened again, this morning woke up with clouds in my nails again, great triffic i say. However i think i know why this is happeneing now, its the back bobbing, to perfect the smile. I always wipe my brush, but i think there is still liquid that is obviously going onto my nail plate and then i am then popping the pink over the top and bingo clouds are formed. So for all you eager peeps that want my new and groovey cloud design this is what you do (NOT), lol. :p

So it is obvious that i will have to perfect my smile line with a seperate brush for back bobbing or alternativly get it right first time with no need for all this messing about. I must say I am loosing interest with all this P&W why? because I can't do it :evil: and its getting me down, I am going to keep practicing for another couple of weeks and if i am still not getting it I will go back to my love, gel and fabric. We will see.

Grace x

Keep practicing grace, dont give up!!! If you still feel you cant do it go for a one- 2 - one that will definatly help you.

I feel like giving up sometimes then the next set i do are great, i say read as much as you can and write a few points to remember. Eg. ratio i was taught going going gone.

Hope this helps

Lisa xxxxx

Hi, i really sympathise with you. It seemed to take me ages to perfect my smile lines, but i percevered and all of a sudden it just went right.

I also have trouble with a wet ratio but just found slightly changing my technique seemed to work for me. I was taught to dip brush and push to remove air bubbles, wipe on side of dappen dish then dip the very tip before getting the powder. Well no matter what i did, it was always too wet, so i just dip and push then go straight for the powder. Now my nails are looking great with no problems of shrinking or lifting due to wet ratio.

Its always worth just experimenting with it. I found using a plastic sheet, i practised picking up beads of acrylic and watching how they went. If they spread too quick i knew it was too wet, if it didn't move i knew it was too dry. It does take time but keep with it,be positive you will get there.:D

Hi Grace,

It sounded like too wet a mix ratio to me too. Also, when you put the pink on in zone two, put it a few millimetres away from the white, then work backwards with your brush to seal the pink against the white. Also do lite feathery strokes with your brush over the white with the pink. Please dont give up, we all feel like this sometimes, and it takes time to perfect everything and to get over each problem you are bound to come across. You watch you'll look back at this in a few weeks/months and think what was i worrying about! And by that time, you will probably have a whole new problem you ae trying toget over - or is it just me that that happens to??!!!!

Take care,
Michelle.

Hi

Dont give up it will come, i would recommend some extra training or a 1 to 1 maybe or if you have done your creative course why not do a master class??

grace said:
It happened again, this morning woke up with clouds in my nails again, great triffic i say. However i think i know why this is happeneing now, its the back bobbing, to perfect the smile.
So it is obvious that i will have to perfect my smile line with a seperate brush for back bobbing or alternativly get it right first time with no need for all this messing about.

Well you have figured it out yourself!! It is definitely the 'back bobbing' as you call it, that is causing the trouble ... and a clean brush will not make much if any difference as the problem is that you are wetting the nailplate and this is causing pocket lifting. If your problem was the transference of white powder, it would show immediately and not only on the next day.

Back bobbing is an unecessary and bad habit, unless you can do it without wetting the plate. this can be done by holding your brush at a steeper angle and only using the tip of the brush to move the line where you want it.

One of the first rules of aplication one learns is that the nail plate must be clean and dry before aplication. Well it is neither clean nor dry if you are getting monomer liquid onto it, not to mention the risk of overexposure to your client using this method. If the plate is wet, the product will not stick.

I also have exactly the same problem!

I did my nails last night and I was really pleased but this morning i have lovely clouds! It happens to me most times when i have extensions on, always the morning after, no matter what system I use. I even get it when I am doing a one colour, clear gel overlay on them. Sometimes it is on every single nail, but I normally have about one or two 'clear' ones.

I always end up removing my nails, and often the clouds are still on my natural nails. Is this the right thing to do? Will the clouds disappear or should i hide them with nail art?

I don't back bob as i mostly use gel and I have only had this problem once using l&p. I am always very careful with my prep as I like to use my own nails as a measure of the quality of the enhancements I do, so I spend forever on them! I get them whether i tip, french or natural, and when i sculpt.
Please help!

Lots of thanks, Kat :D

Hi, clouds in gel nails, hmm well i was always under the impression that if you get these little suckers when using the gel system it is down to either the tip not being blended correctly or the gel is being applied too thickly. I am no expert but this is what I am lead to believe, however I have to say I have never obtained clouds in gel, acrylic yes definatly but not gel thankfully.

My problem is back bobbing so I am going to do a set on my hand today if i can amuse my little lad at same time, and I am going to not put my brush any where near the nail plate ie back bobbing etc, then i will get my answer. :)

I will let you all know the result.

Grace x

Hi, Yikes help help, I soaked my nails off and to my horror the white clouds are still thereand my nails are so week and thin on these parts. Why? i did not pinch them at all, and I sculpted 3 and tipped 2, i was careful with the proceedure the only thing i did was used my brush to crisp up the smile line, which i thought was what had caused the white clouds.

I now have white clouds on my natural nails well all but one nail, don't know why this one did not get them. I am mortified, what can I do, I so don't want it to be onycholysis. the hyponychium is in tact and there is no seperation there, however the white clouds are just a tiny little bit back from there, so is it that the nail plate has seperated in just one place and is attached again before the free edge part?

:sad: Oh why did i even atempt all this acrylic bits and bibs should have stuck with loving my fabric and gel, I am so disheartened now, and I am fed uo with having yucky nails, I want lovely tallons, cloud free, what is a girl to do?

What should I do now, just leave my nails and keep drenching them in solar oil, or pop another set of nails on, wrap my nails with fabric or what, ohhhh does someone want my hands? they are free to a good home!!!!!! Help my poor fingers please, they feel like they have been in washing up bowl for a few weeks. :cry:

Help someone please before i end up in another disaster, lol.

Grace x

I would wrap your nails in Fabric#. It sounds like surface dehydration to me and it will disappear when you wrap them again.

Everything grows out eventually!!! Give it a chance. You have been putting your nails 'through it' lately. Time for a rest.

Thanks geeg, I will get on and wrap then shortly and rest the poor things.

I will be sure to let you know how they get on.
thanks again

Grace x

Hey the clouds have gone, yippee, you were so right Geeg, well as usual, I so need to have all your knowledge, like now. I suppose you learn something new every day and i ceratinly have today, thank you.

Grace x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back