White/Cream Nail Plates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dovetail

Reaction score
Have been asked to do a set of arcylic nails with a yet to be decided Metro tip. Fine.

Yet my to be client own nails plates are white/cream in colour. So the question is has any body else out there experienced this. Also would this effect the end result :?: I intend to do a tester first. But would love input on this one.

dovetail said:
Have been asked to do a set of arcylic nails with a yet to be decided Metro tip. Fine.

Yet my to be client own nails plates are white/cream in colour. So the question is has any body else out there experienced this. Also would this effect the end result :?: I intend to do a tester first. But would love input on this one.

Without being alarmist, I would wonder why her nails were not a healthy pink colour?

Hi Dovetail

Interesting. Do you think your client's nails are white/cream due to a condition or are they just naturally not the regular pinky colour?

Just like different enamels look different on different skin tones, I expect that a Metro powder might look slightly different against a very opaquey (is that a word?!) white nail plate.

The only way to find out is try it!! I actually "whiten" Perfect Pink to deliberately opaque out my short nail beds so I can wear French more successfully and the white still looks great. In fact I am going to try and give myself a Metro tip and am hoping that zones 2 and 3 will still look good with the pink/white mix.

I'll let you know. :)

Thank you both for your insight in this, I have been doing some research on this one, and believe firstly do a few test nails so I can achieve this best look.

Secondly advise her to pop over and have a chat with her GP, it appears this could be a sign of Liver/Kidney, and she stated she suffers quite badly with water retention.

So how do you advise, without alarming. :idea:

I would just say that it is unusual to see nails like this and you would like her GP to check it out before you proceed.

Certainly do not attempt to voice to her anything you may think it is or that it could be related to. Not our job to diagnose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back