White eyebrow hairs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanessaB

Reaction score
Can anyone advise what to do about tinting white eyebrow hairs?
I did my aunties the other day but the Hairwell dye didn't take at all. I know they're more resistant but am I right in thinking theres not much that can be done about it?

Any help would be great!

Hi... if its only a few i pluck them out... i've never managed to tint them... HTH's xx

I don't think she'd have any left!

I didn't think the dye would take to the pure white ones. The perks of being over 60! Cant wait :-(

hahaha... don't do that then ;)

On people with a lot of white hairs I've found that tinting them with a graphite tint first generally leaves a bit of colour on them and then I tint again with brown and it takes better, even mixing a wee bit of graphite in with your brown will help. I use refectocil. The white ones are wee buggers it's so hard to get them to tint evenly!

Amanda xx

It just takes longer for the white hairs to go darker. You can gently paint the white ones first, leave for 10 mins, then tint the rest.

This may sound silly (I'm a hairdresser lol) but we can pre-soften resistant hair by painting peroxide on first to open the cuticle a bit before applying tint as normal...wonder if that's an option! With your normal products obviously haha. Just thinking aloud :)

This may sound silly (I'm a hairdresser lol) but we can pre-soften resistant hair by painting peroxide on first to open the cuticle a bit before applying tint as normal...wonder if that's an option! With your normal products obviously haha. Just thinking aloud :)

Hi,
Ive been told to do this too - tried it on myself as I have a couple but was nervous about bleaching other brows! so probably didn't leave it long enough.
I trim them rather than pluck if they are only odd ones on clients.

Thanks

Hi,
Ive been told to do this too - tried it on myself as I have a couple but was nervous about bleaching other brows! so probably didn't leave it long enough.
I trim them rather than pluck if they are only odd ones on clients.

Thanks

peroxide wouldn't bleach. unless it's mixed with lightener ! which I wouldn't suggest....

What's the suggested time limit for leaving the peroxide on brow hairs ? Couple of minutes ?

What strength developer is used when tinting eyebrows. I'm just browsing over from the hairdressers threads. In general we can't get 100% coverage on white hair if we don't use 20vol so Intersted to know what's used for eyebrows and maybe the 20vok could help if it's generally a lower one used

In an article I read from I think btc, Beth Minardi recommends for crazy stubborn brow hairs use a 6NN to cover with 20%vol, absolutely proceed with caution ;D

What's the suggested time limit for leaving the peroxide on brow hairs ? Couple of minutes ?

I'd be really interested to know this too. I have a client tomorrow with really coarse eyebrows. Would you then clean the peroxide off before applying tint as usual?

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Belmacil do a lifting (bleaching) for brows...it is good for making grey more porous so the tints hold better

Latest posts

Back