White gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkies!

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,

I recently bought Young Nails & NSI trial kits at the NEC as I was looking for a new white. I had been using Light Elegance but found it was too soft & bendy at times.

I really like Young Nails as you can get a much crisper smile line but you have to apply it sooooo thin otherwise it doesn't cure all the way through. This causes a problem when sculpting as you can see the differnce in colour when the white goes off the free edge. It is also quite bendy again as it is so thin.

You can apply NSI thicker with no curing problems & it is harder but the smile line is a bit fuzzy.

How can I apply the white so it is hard with even coverage & crisp smile lines??

Anybody?? Or are you all Creative L&P Techs!! x

Just a thought why don't you use (more than white) from creative, and then pop the gel over the top or airbrush the white free edge and the gel over it, I have done this and found it to work ok.

Grace x

Do I dare....make a comment.

grace said:
Just a thought why don't you use (more than white) from creative, and then pop the gel over the top or airbrush the white free edge and the gel over it, I have done this and found it to work ok.

Grace x

nonacrylicgel said:
Do I dare....make a comment.

Not if it is your typical synical type (see above). If you could actually provide something constructive then please amaze us all.

Pinkies! said:
Hey Geeks,

I recently bought Young Nails & NSI trial kits at the NEC as I was looking for a new white. I had been using Light Elegance but found it was too soft & bendy at times.

I really like Young Nails as you can get a much crisper smile line but you have to apply it sooooo thin otherwise it doesn't cure all the way through. This causes a problem when sculpting as you can see the differnce in colour when the white goes off the free edge. It is also quite bendy again as it is so thin.

You can apply NSI thicker with no curing problems & it is harder but the smile line is a bit fuzzy.

How can I apply the white so it is hard with even coverage & crisp smile lines??

I havent used any of the gels you are mentioning, but I may be able to provide some insight to the problem.

White gels are difficult to get right as white reflects much of the UV light needed for it to cure.
The thicker the white, and/or the whiter the white, the harder it is to get a full cure. I would assume you could apply multiple layers of YN's white to get the thickness you are after... you will just want to cure each layer fully first.

Hope this helps

Pinkies! said:
Anybody?? Or are you all Creative L&P Techs!! x
try mailing anna from toronto, she's the gel queen !

angel fingers said:
try mailing anna from toronto, she's the gel queen !

sawasdee ka

Annas website is www.beautypro.ca she have about 200 photos in her tutorials and gallerys .

You will see many many beautifull gel nails and very good tutorials on her web site and about the product she use .

mui from Thailand

Thank you for your replies!

I do apply the white in 2 layers when I sculpt but as you have to apply YN's so thin you can see the difference in colour when it goes off the free edge. And I don't think a gel that you have to apply more than twice is worth the time & hassle (jmo), although I am going to ring Young Nails & see if they can shed some light onto the problem.

Don't know much about more than white (?) but I would rather use a white gel than airbrush as it more "permanent" & looks more natural I think. Thanks anyway!

I have been in contact with Anna who has recommended another gel to try which sounds just what I am looking for! Fingers crossed! x

Hi

Try Lcn White sculpture gel its very good.

Sounds like you may using YN Snow. I use the YN white sculpture and it works really well.

Hope this helps. If not give them a call, they're really helpful

Lucy J said:
Sounds like you may using YN Snow. I use the YN white sculpture and it works really well.

Hope this helps. If not give them a call, they're really helpful
Hi Lucy,

Yes, it is Snow I am talking about! So do you not have any curing probs with Sculpture then? I don't apply apply it thick at all?! And is Sculpture the same consistency as Snow with nice smile lines?

Thanks! x

I use Calgel pink and white gel and i find it fantastic... I only have to apply the white once and it cures in 30 seconds... :cool:

I called Young Nails tonight to see if they could help & I just want to let everyone know what a friendly, helpful company thay are!!

They are going to send me another pot of Snow as they thought it may have been a faulty one as well as a pot of Sculpture to try!!

I mentioned that I really liked the Build & they said they would send me a pot of Pink Build!! How nice of them!!

Hi Pinkie

I always use their clear forms (exclusive to YN) when sculpting with YN "white sculpture" - it's a thicker viscosity, otherwise underneath the free edge remains gooey.
The YN "snow" is much whiter than the WS and I use it for backfils/re-balance or tips.
Thumbs up for Young Nails Gel (the L&P) is pretty swell too!
Lx

Pinkies! said:
I called Young Nails tonight to see if they could help & I just want to let everyone know what a friendly, helpful company thay are!!

They are going to send me another pot of Snow as they thought it may have been a faulty one as well as a pot of Sculpture to try!!

I mentioned that I really liked the Build & they said they would send me a pot of Pink Build!! How nice of them!!
Hi Pinkies

Yes I have to agree - I was amazed to receive a parcel containing some extra goodies to try out after placing an order for a couple of bits and pieces so I am very impressed with YN right now....nothing cheers me up more than a couple of extra goodies in an order! My usual supplier would charge for the air the postman breathes walking up my pathway if they could, let alone send me free samples!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back