White hair PO1 problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethel

Reaction score
***WHITE HAIR HELP***

I'm looking for some tried and tested help to getting my bleached hair 'white'

I bleach my own hair, it's in pretty good condition for something that gets some hammer, I bleach it every 4-5 weeks before it gets cut (I have very short hair) and I condition it 2-3 times a week, leaving it on for as long as I can.

I understand bleaching your hair isn't the best thing to do to it and so I do try to look after it as best I can

I use Pro:voke purple shampoo and conditioner in between bleachings

I want 'white' hair and I have just tried using L'Oreal PO1, I mixed it with 9% peroxide and left it on for 12 minutes but it turned my hair lilac and I had to do 4 'bleach washes' to get rid of the lilac colour

I rang Salon Services to speak to the lady who advised me to use this product and she said she had never know anyone's hair go any colour using PO1 but from looking on the net I have found a few people who have used this product and their hair too has gone a shade of lilac...what did I do wrong?

So, am I going to have to accept defeat and accept I will never the longed for colour I'd like or is there something else I can try

Thanks in advance =0)

I’m sorry but we can only advise professionals.
You used a toner with 9%??? And you took advice from sally’s salon services? More fool you then.

Hairdressers take time to train, so bleaching your hair at home and then it going wrong? I’m sorry but you get no sympathy from me.

How would you feel if someone did their own nails at home, it went wrong and then came to you for help? You would be annoyed that the person even attempted it.

Now that’s out of the way, as for the violet tone - it should wash out, lay off the silver shampoo and it should return back to ''normal''.
Lesson learnt I think :)

Latest posts

Back