White hair Wella 55/65....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam289

Reaction score
Hi, i had a client the other day i have done her hair for a good while and she has been having wella koleston 55/65 + 5/0 equal + 20vol roots and just the 55/65 + 20vol midlength and ends, her hair is quite long. Colour is always great, however the last application (thursday) she had left her hair longer so had longer re-growth, she is pretty much white on the top but a bit darker throught the back. The colour didn't take well at all at the roots just a light bright purpley colour. I am going back to re do the roots for her (she is fine with this, which helps :)) I know that i have to add more base into the colour as it has just grabbed the red i.e 2 parts 5/0 to 1 part 55/65 but what im thinking is if i go and apply to her roots and develop will she have a two tone effect going on where the colours meet on the hair? The colour on the mid-length and ends is great. Sorry if this sounds confusing. Any help much appreciated Sam x

Why do 5/0 and 55/65? It comes out like 55/66 in reds and violets .3 should be used with base so not to allow the base to neutralize the warmth, base contains green which be neutralize 55/65 so maybe try 5.3 and 55/65?

Thanks for replying. I have always been taught to use a base colour when dealing with white hair, but im always open to new ideas. Do you think i will get a line where the colours changes?

Thanks for replying. I have always been taught to use a base colour when dealing with white hair, but im always open to new ideas. Do you think i will get a line where the colours changes?

Yes this is correct but when dealing with reds and violets think of your colour wheel, your trying to achieve a violet/red and your using more colour that contains green, which is why you will need 5.3 do the same mix two parts 5.3 and 1 part 55/65 with 6% then run it through ends briefly for like 2 mins once fully developed on roots

I find coverage of White hair with the double base Reds pretty good,Do you still have the instructions inside the box as there is a note under 1.Mixing that says...'Red shades on hair with greater than 50% White hair,mix 2 parts Red to 1 part natural shade ie: 1/2 tube red + 1/4 tube natural.haven't done this myself but noticed it a few weeks ago on the instructions :)

Latest posts

Back