White hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairdressingBug

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I have a client who comes in for full head foils every 8 weeks. and every time she says she wants it whiter! I get it pretty white as it is but she wants it white!
I use bleech and 6% - I refuse to use more than 6%. The hair lifts perfectly. obviously I would never lift to a white as that would completely destroy her hear. I tone with illumina 9/60 and 10/1 + pastel.
her hair is in recovery at the moment because the hairdresser she used to use before me used to bleech it to high heaven I would say its had 12% on it. she said it used to be white without toning and she used to bleech from root to tip on every foil every time she had her hair coloured (cringe) so no shock her hair is snapped at the ends. its just getting to a good condition now.

So what are you asking here exactly? Lol x

sorry if I wasn't clear...
I was asking for advice on what you would recommend as a toner to make the result whiter

9/60 goes pretty white, maybe 10/69?

You need to tell her that by bleaching then toning you are preserving her hair, if you got it white from bleaching alone it would be (as it is) destroyed

I have told her this many times and to be honest this is the reason she comes to me her hair has improved massively since I started doing it. The sides before didn't grow and where just under her ears and the back was well below shoulder length and now after me doing it for 6 months its all grown down (isn't the same length but the sides are at a length that it looks more like a style rather than knackered like it was before.
Yes 9/60 usually works great for me too but not on her hair. I will give the 10/69 a go next time though :)
Thank you x

Latest posts

Back