White patch after forearm wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alicejanebeauty

Reaction score
Hi everyone

First post here..

I had a lady in for her first forearm wax on Thursday. She has slightly sensitive skin. Wax temperature at its normal temp as usual and skin was fine post wax. She sent me a message on Friday saying at first that one area on her forearm was red (almost looked like it was slightly burnt) She applied false tan yesterday (Saturday) and today has sent me a picture and the patch that was red isn’t red anymore but after fake tanning, the patch is white? It hadn’t absorbed the tan?

Have any of you come across this before? And should I be worried??

I am a very experienced waxer and I’ve never had this happen before and I’m freaking out a little bit. I googled it and it’s coming up with all sorts mentioning 3rd degree burns tuning white!!

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

X

It sounds like she had a minor friction burn. Arm skin needs careful support when you wax.

I expect she applied lots of soothing products and creams to the area which is why it hasn't absorbed as much fake tan.

The fake tan was applied too soon after the friction burn, before the skin had fully recovered. She should have waited another 24 hours for the skin to normalise. Waiting until the skin looked normal and then waiting 24 hours for recovery. A patchy fake tan is inevitable.

She can tan over the white patch if the skin looks normal.

Hi everyone

First post here..

I had a lady in for her first forearm wax on Thursday. She has slightly sensitive skin. Wax temperature at its normal temp as usual and skin was fine post wax. She sent me a message on Friday saying at first that one area on her forearm was red (almost looked like it was slightly burnt) She applied false tan yesterday (Saturday) and today has sent me a picture and the patch that was red isn’t red anymore but after fake tanning, the patch is white? It hadn’t absorbed the tan?

Have any of you come across this before? And should I be worried??

I am a very experienced waxer and I’ve never had this happen before and I’m freaking out a little bit. I googled it and it’s coming up with all sorts mentioning 3rd degree burns tuning white!!

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

X

So she was unhappy she was red and then put fake tan over it...? That is a very odd thing to do so I suspect she’s not even sore or anything!

Tell her you cannot advise on a home tanning product especially when it’s been applied after a wax as you ‘aren’t meant to use any lotions I don’t recommend to you.’

If it is sore or anything advise the usual keep clean and dry and don’t apply anything to it except eg savlon, but if it’s not even red now then there is unlikely to be anything actually wrong. A burn, blister or histamine reaction doesn’t just go away unless it’s healed.

Plus tanned skin doesn’t ‘go white’ it just hasn’t changed and got darker. This is common in dryer areas, areas that have barriers like a cream and those with scars so it isssss possible that it was some damage that has healed and then she’s applied it but in reality if it was bad enough to leave a scar you’d know about it.

thanks for the advice everyone, I’ve told her to keep me updated. I have never had anyone having any kind of reaction/burn etc after waxing them so it was a first for me and I was panicking!

I have had his before where there is some wax left in the skin. The tan will not take where the wax is.

Latest posts

Back