White patches on nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronnie1234

Reaction score
I have white patches on my make normally anyway, but just had my last lot of shellac done & the white patches are showing through two of the nails this hasn't happened before! Should I have asked the technician to do three coats on those nails?

I also have under active thyroid which can affect nails

Without seeing a picture it'll be pure speculation but I would imagine it's severe dehydration. Do you use Solar Oil regularly, twice a day?

Hopefully you can see this pic. I use Solar Oil twice a day - try too. Can really notice it with this colour I've had, want to hide it with a glitter polish or something o_O

Attachments

• nail.jpg
    nail.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 86
Your technician should have done more coats to hide the marks in the first place really.
Could you go back perhaps?

For future treatments choose a darker colour to give better coverage and avoid the sheer pinks. Full coverage foils would also solve the problem.

Keep using the solar oil lots and soak off in nourishing remover for the minimum time needed.

Yes I agree I think she should've done a third coat on the affected nails! I wish I'd said something at the time now!

Funny thing is, last time I had a very pale pink with ice vapour glitter on top & you couldn't see anything! It must be these sheer colours!

Yes, there are some sheer colours that always need 3 coats even when no marks to hide.
Sometimes you can do a first coat of nude or white to blank out the marks

Latest posts

Back