White patches that won't tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mixnmatch1

Reaction score
Occasionally I get a client hat when I am tanning they may have a small patch of skin that doesn't seem to take as much of the tan that the rest of their skin.
I am sure I read somewhere that this can be a fungus on their skin that they are unaware of,I have never had anyone complain about it so It blends in when they have washed guide colour off but client mentioned it yesterday and I explained that this sometimes happens but should blend in.
Does anyone else get this? :)

I have this fungal infection at the moment so it happens to me :( I got some lotion prescribed from the docs so hopefully I'll have a perfect tan soon :)

My sister has small patches of eczema on mer knees and elbows and they don't tan very well.
This is because the skin cells are different on these patches......scalier and thicker than the surrounding area.
Could this be the case with you ?

This can also be hypopigmentation where the skin has no pigmentation in patches and will not absorb colour, I have it on the top of my arms, it looks like my tan is patchy but it's my pigmentation lol

I get this on my back? Looks like a batman sign! Lol x

Tinea Versicolor?

Google it.

Latest posts

Back