White Rose Beauty, Manchester

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daphne84

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for a good place to train as a nail tech in Manchester and was wondering if anyone had any experience of learning at this college? Is it a good place to learn? What was the support like? How well did they prepare you to work in the real world? Any helpful comments would be appreciated. I'm hoping to arrange to go for an informal interview but I am a little nervous about this as I don't have a background in beauty. I've only discovered my love of nails this year and want a career change! Will this count against me? Does anyone have any helpful suggestions on how to prepare for an informal interview here?

Thank you!

Never heard of that college but I trained at creative academy+ Manchester for my CND courses and they’re amazing

I have contacts who have worked there teaching and enjoyed it. Just be yourself at the interview, having no beauty background will not go against you at all. You will need a steady supply of willing models to practice enhancements on though. Go dressed smart but not overly so, wear some make up. You need to be prepared to let your class mates practice on you (nail extensions mani and pedi) and vise versa. There will be home study expected. Meet the tutor and see how you feel, are they experienced nail tech and tutor? As commented though going with a known brand is advantage and I have only ever heard great things about CND training. Good luck with it x

Thank you, I've looked at CND and I have only ever heard good things. I've asked for more info from them about courses and I'm waiting to hear back. I would be applying for an Adult Learner Loan to cover course costs so I thought it might be best to do a VTCT level 2 and 3 with a beauty college rather than go for CND that seems to be a lot of short courses. Apart from being certified in one brand and being able to purchase that brand what are the benefits of training with CND?

Thank you, I've looked at CND and I have only ever heard good things. I've asked for more info from them about courses and I'm waiting to hear back. I would be applying for an Adult Learner Loan to cover course costs so I thought it might be best to do a VTCT level 2 and 3 with a beauty college rather than go for CND that seems to be a lot of short courses. Apart from being certified in one brand and being able to purchase that brand what are the benefits of training with CND?

I’ve trained with both VTCT and CND. Personally I found CND much more “up to date” with what they teach. Both were thorough when it came to anatomy and physiology. Obviously if you do level 2 and 3 beauty you’ll be learning other things as well, unless it was just a specific nail tech level course you were looking at with the VTCT? CND have been educating for years so they are trustworthy like the VTCT and know what they’re doing.

The only thing I would say is that when you train with the VTCT you’ll be learning a generic approach and not brand specific. So you may need to do a conversion course afterwards to train with the brand that you chose to learn accurate application and product knowledge. That’s what I found I needed to do anyway! Hope this helps

Also, if you go onto the creative academy Manchester website all the in depth course info is on there

Latest posts

Back