White Shellac shrinking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moushax37

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced the white shellac shrinking/wrinkling? It doesn't seem to really be the case when I just do french, or at least I don't notice, but when I do an all over nail color (usually as a base color for art) I notice some wrinkles. Its the only color that does it and honestly, it feels like the consistency of it is different than the other colors so even though I know how to properly apply, the consistency is causing problems it seems :/

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

You are having wrinkling because you're applying it too thick. The shrinking is because you need to Scrub Fresh your nail bed better and shake your bottles really well. I used to get wrinkling to when I would apply it to the whole nail. Remember "thin to win"

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

Definitely using too much if you are getting the problems you describe. Spread it further with your brush and work it thinly onto the surface then smooth with a light touch.

Like all white polishes, the consistency IS different because of thevmountbof Titanium in the colour to make it opaque. You can do it. Shake well and remember to ScrubFresh the free edge where you are going yo seal as well as the body of the nail. X

Latest posts

Back