White spots after spray tan after showering

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannibronzed

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to salon geek and wanting some advice, I did my spray tan training on 10th April 2013 and I've done about 10 tans since on friends and family, all have been very good and everyone has been very pleased with their tans, no patches, no streaks ect.. I took out public liability insurance to start tanning publicly and had my first proper client a few days ago. I told her all the pre tan advice and before applying the tan I gave her an aftercare sheet to read and a card to sign to say she had read it ect.. I applied the tan and it looked lovely, she even messaged me straight after to say she was so pleased with the tan. The next morning I got a message off her to say she had been in the shower and all her arms, chest and top of her back had white dots on like she's been in the rain.. I said well did you go in the rain after your tan because it did rain that day and she's adamant that she didn't (her kids were playing in the garden so I think she's gone out to get them to come inside when it rained) the rest of her body which was covered up by her dress is fine so it's only the parts of her body that she hadn't had covered up that has got these white dots.. I asked her what moisturiser she's used and she said she hasn't moisturised! After she'd read the aftercare sheet!! It's really knocked my confidence with my tans and the day I got the message from her I was ready to pack in doing the tans. Has anyone else had this? Or does anyone have an idea to what this could be?? I've done 2 tans since on friends and they have been fine so it can't be a problem with my equipment ect.. Thanks in advance! X

It's exactly what you said, the rain (it has to be) though I don't practice tanning I have made the mistake of splashing my arms once have had the tan, doing the dishes and it looks like white spots. Don't be disheartened :hug:

It's exactly what you said, the rain (it has to be) though I don't practice tanning I have made the mistake of splashing my arms once have had the tan, doing the dishes and it looks like white spots. Don't be disheartened :hug:

Thank you x

It can sometimes be the oily residue of shower gel or shampoo and conditioner they have used in the shower on the morning before they come to see you. This can make white ish marks .

It can sometimes be the oily residue of shower gel or shampoo and conditioner they have used in the shower on the morning before they come to see you. This can make white ish marks .

Thank you

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything that could have been down to me x

This happened to me a last week, I tanned in the morning, went to take my washing down off the line about an hour later and the heavens opened while i was doing so. I was left with very sexy white blobs on my arms and face. :o

This happened to me a last week, I tanned in the morning, went to take my washing down off the line about an hour later and the heavens opened while i was doing so. I was left with very sexy white blobs on my arms and face. :o

Lol it has happened to me before too that's why I said she must have got wet in the rain. I will just make sure I let clients know to try not use oil based shower gels ect the day before/day of the tan and also not to go in the rain! Lolx

Latest posts

Back