White spots appearing on client's body whilst spraying

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Effi Briest

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Was wondering if anyone has got an idea what could have caused white spots to appear on my client's body whilst I was applying her spray tan last night.
When they first appeared she had a quick shower and I started again. And again these white spots kept appearing. This time I buffed over them and they vanished. So I sprayed section for section and buffing away. Interestingly when spraying her face and neck there were no white spots.
I checked with her about shaving, body lotion, shower gel.
The body lotion she uses is one that lasts for a few days and she used it at the weekend. Her shower gel was one she had not used before and had a Rapeseed component and Citrus in it. On her face and neck she used a facial cleanser and those areas didn't show any spots. Could it be the shower gel?

On checking her over after spraying her tan looked fine and I got a text from her this morning to say the tan is perfect. So all is well and I believe buffing saved the day. Her and I are just curious to find out what could have caused these white spots. She is a regular tanning client and this is the first time this has happened.

Thank you in advance.

Likely to have been either the shower gel or body lotion, my mum used to use a moisturiser that lasted a week and it really had an impact on the spray tan now so doesn't use it and the problem has gone, perhaps advise on not using the lotion at all before her next session, if it happens again then you'll know it's more likely to be the shower gel x

Likely to have been either the shower gel or body lotion, my mum used to use a moisturiser that lasted a week and it really had an impact on the spray tan now so doesn't use it and the problem has gone, perhaps advise on not using the lotion at all before her next session, if it happens again then you'll know it's more likely to be the shower gel x
Yes, will speak to her about the lotion before her next appointment. Thank you for your advice, x

Latest posts

Back