White tips - Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicole<3

Reaction score
Im not a fully trained nail technician (hope i am just as welcome) but it is something i really want to do this year, atm im 36wk pregnant so im just a little pre-ocupied lol... So during my maternity leave iv been exsperimenting with almost everything and reading up tons, so far its gone great imo lol :smack:
So enough of the life story what im strugling with is white tips ive not yet tried them iv always done nno on myself and others..
i was just wondering what kind of method you use if its l&p or clear/pink gels etc
advice/pics would be greatly apreciated x

From reading your post you say you do others nails, be careful as you will not be insured to work on the public as you are not trained, i know you are probably thinking so what, what can go wrong doing nails ?
There is loads of problems that can be cause by doing nails untrained and some of them can be quite nasty but to answer your question you prep as normal adhere the white tip to the free edge and apply clear acrylic over the tip and nailplate hth and welcome to the site :hug:

Im not a fully trained nail technician (hope i am just as welcome) but it is something i really want to do this year, atm im 36wk pregnant so im just a little pre-ocupied lol... So during my maternity leave iv been exsperimenting with almost everything and reading up tons, so far its gone great imo lol :smack:
So enough of the life story what im strugling with is white tips ive not yet tried them iv always done nno on myself and others..
i was just wondering what kind of method you use if its l&p or clear/pink gels etc
advice/pics would be greatly apreciated x

Hiya, welcome to the best site in the world for nail techs and trainees alike!!

Can't help much as personally i prefer using clear tips for l&p cuz if you're doin a set of pink and white's i've learnt the hard way there's no easy way around it using white tips as ya gotta apply white acrylic for the rebalance anyways so ya might as well start as ya mean to go on with the acrylic! hope this helps a little and congrats on the pregnancy n hope ya succeed at the nail training xx

From reading your post you say you do others nails, be careful as you will not be insured to work on the public as you are not trained, i know you are probably thinking so what, what can go wrong doing nails ?
There is loads of problems that can be cause by doing nails untrained and some of them can be quite nasty but to answer your question you prep as normal adhere the white tip to the free edge and apply clear acrylic over the tip and nailplate hth and welcome to the site :hug:

ive only ever done family tbh i wouldnt give it a second thought to practice on the public..(I wouldnt put them through that lol) but thanks for the advice i can understand what your saying

ive only ever done family tbh i wouldnt give it a second thought to practice on the public..(I wouldnt put them through that lol) but thanks for the advice i can understand what your saying
I think you also need to be very careful of picking up bad habits, when you practice before training too. It is harder to break a habit once you have it, then if you start of with the correct techniques. :)

I think you also need to be very careful of picking up bad habits, when you practice before training too. It is harder to break a habit once you have it, then if you start of with the correct techniques. :)

Yep i agree, still got millions of books now that i still refer to! could always research different methods and research different products to give yourself a rough idea of what to expect before ya start training? jus a thought? xx

Yep i agree, still got millions of books now that i still refer to! could always research different methods and research different products to give yourself a rough idea of what to expect before ya start training? jus a thought? xx
Thats exactly what i want to do, could you recomend any really good books? well apreciated

Hi, I love l&p pink&whites. I offer two kinds. The first one is starting with the white tip and my method below with zone 2&3. When they need a backfill I then give thenm one. The other is applying the white powder over a well blended natual tip. I use a cookie cutter methode, "I call it".

I buy cheap tips to use as my white cutters, you add your white powder, pat out, then I dip a tip in my monomer (so no sticking) hold it vertical straight to the sky and cut. Perfect smiles every time. Its good to use a tip one size smaller then the nail. There are also metal cutters if you dont like tips.

Sometimes I just create the smile free hand, but I like different methods.
After white is applied, I appy pink to zone 2&3. If you use a candy intense pink dont overlap your white hardly. The last ball can be clear acrylic to cap the entire nail & free edge. Sounds like alot,but there beautiful, strong and all ten look the same. Practice Practice[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Strawberry

Latest posts

Back