white tips getting dirty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharny

Reaction score
Hi I just wondered if anyone else had the probelm of white tips getting all stained and dirty at the ends. This hasn't always happened to me, its only since i brought some Creative white tips and started using Brisa Gel. Is it something i am doing wrong?

I only ever get black marks sometimes when i put my smoke out.. I'm not sure what you mean by stained and dirty.. Is it yellowing?? Obviously you are cleaning and scrubbing them yea?:green: more info// is it your nails? clients? are you using them as tools (like when cleaning rubbing at spots that sorta thing) using a duf chemical then usual when cleaning/working..
sorry not much help.. perhaps you are not covering the tips and locking the seal properly??

Hi Sharn

Make sure you're finishing zone 1 smoothly with your boards and buffers.
What you maybe seeing is little ditches and pockets that haven't been buffed out properly - client's make-up can easily "grab" into these - and of course on white it will look really noticeable........

Have a closer look - are the dirty patches lying in "rough" product?

Hope this helps - it's a start! x

My white tips got dirty when they weren't properly capped (I was missing the sides of the nail tip a bit) and little bits of dirt could slip between the gel and the nail. Or if I missed a little spot when buffing off the shine, again dirt could get in. Could either of these be the problems?

sometimes, while you are working on the clients nails, they touch their face, which can make the ends go an orangy colour because of there foundation.... which is really annoying by the way! :)

sometimes, while you are working on the clients nails, they touch their face, which can make the ends go an orangy colour because of there foundation.... which is really annoying by the way! :)

I've had this happen too, it is soooo annoying!

Now, I'm not a Creative tech and I'm sure others will put me right or be more specific, but I am sure I have read on here that white tips are not brilliant with Brisa gel, could it be the gel is separating from the tips slightly and dirt etc is thereby getting in?

There are plenty of Brisa techs on here, they will confirm (or not) . . .

good luck anyways x

Are you completely wiping off the dispersion uv finishing gloss with scrubfresh. Also white tips can get stained from dark clothing, jeans, socks etc, but a little buff and top gloss usually corrects.

I've had this happen too, it is soooo annoying!

Now, I'm not a Creative tech and I'm sure others will put me right or be more specific, but I am sure I have read on here that white tips are not brilliant with Brisa gel, could it be the gel is separating from the tips slightly and dirt etc is thereby getting in?

There are plenty of Brisa techs on here, they will confirm (or not) . . .

good luck anyways x

You´re so right! Brisa and white tips is not working too good, the uv light can´t fully cure it. And yes is dirt and "stuff" between the tips and gel.

This is how I know when my clients havent been using their Nail oil.. when the tips are yellowed (smokers r the worst) if they just use their oil they will stay white.

Hi, Thanks for that, i think it is just a case of Brisa and White Tips as i have never had a problem before with any other gel. I think i will have to forget about Brisa gel with White tips.

Hi, Thanks for that, i think it is just a case of Brisa and White Tips as i have never had a problem before with any other gel. I think i will have to forget about Brisa gel with White tips.

Have you done brisa training? I only ask because you should have been taught that white tips and brisa (gel in general) is a no no, the gel touching the tip cannot cure... the only tips you should be using with your brisa are the clear.. or clear forms. :)

No i haven't been on a Brisa Training course yet, but i was given some Brisa Gel to try by another nail tech and a lot of my clients only want white tips. I also think it is because i haven't got a Brisa Lamp. I will have to leave off the Brisa until ive completed training and purchased lamp i think.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

You wont be able to cure your brisa gel properly without the Brisa lamp and have the training, you will benifit greatly.

You see this is the problem with not having the correct training and using the correct lamp...from your post above people could take it that the problem lies with Brisa....and this could put people off Brisa....when in fact its the lack of training and not using the Brisa lamp thats the problem.

This is also why companies that do insist of training before being able to purchase the products are right in doing so...it prevents there products from getting a bad name due to the lack of training from the user.

You are very right! but it is very expensive to go on every training course around, i am already trained so just wanted to see what Brisa was like to work with. I actually think it is a really great gel and my problem lies in lack of training and no lamp. Sorry if i offended anyone.

Latest posts

Back