White Tips - How do you use with Brisa?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere but for the life of me I can't find it!

Now... with Brisa.... using white tips..... how's the best way this is done? Do they need to be thinned (blended)

Does this not compromise the strength of the product? With natural tips we blend in til its flush with the nail right? This means the strength is coming from the product.....

Generally, I'm sure I've read somewhere that you don't blend white tips....
I've not used white tips at all so sorry if these questions are a bit silly.:o

sorry forgot to ask that if you do use white tips.... then when you come to the rebalance... can you use the Paint on White? will it be the same colour so that you can just fill in the growth?

Sorry!

Actually i think strenght comes from product in touch with the natural nail. That why it is so importanta to pre-taylor, reducing the well area. But blending or not blending, in the well area the nail is only in contact with the glue and tip, so not blending will not compromise stenght.
File the natural nail to lenght so then when you apply the wqhite tip the smile line is where it's desired, if you're using well-less tips i'm nto sure how you should apply since i've never used them, but manufacter should supply instrucions

was told on brisa course to blend white tips otherwise gel has nothing to adhere too.

Jue xxx

Is that blend completely or just take the shine off?

Hi...

Why not you consider using More than White from the outset, using this product means less expense as you dont have to buy white tips anymore?
Its really easy to use and is very resonably priced...

You should buff to make the product adhere, not blend

With Brisa you use transparent tips as the uv light needs to cure both sides (of the free edge) . In the starter kit you get either a white gel in a nail varnish type bottle which goes on slightly thicker than varnish or a pot of sculpting white gel. This is also easy peesy to apply.
Would not reccomend the white tips. Even the forms are transparent.
Send Tigger (AKA Di Plummer) a pm as she took the class in Leeds and may be able to help you more.
Di - hope you don't mind me giving this advice !!!
Good luck and happy brisa-ing !
xxx

Hi Tamm...
i was told on my brisa course that you must ONLY use clear tips as the products needs to cure from both sides...must say i don't understand why this is so as how does this happen with overlays? anyone know? my trainer didn't!...
Also i was told not to cut or pre-blend the well area out as you cannot see it as it is clear...again i didn't understand this as i was taught on my cnd L&P foundation to pre-blend the well area out as the strength was in the product not the tip and yes you COULD still see the clear tip..

Personally i would still buff the tip as the gel needs a rough surface to adhere to as does any product being applied to a tip...

Deni said:
Hi Tamm...
i was told on my brisa course that you must ONLY use clear tips as the products needs to cure from both sides...must say i don't understand why this is so as how does this happen with overlays? anyone know?
This is what I was wondering.....'cause when you do a french overlay the natural nail is in the way isn't it.

what if you wanted to extend the length of the nail but wanted a totally natural look... on the Brisa Video they used clear tips for a natural tip and overlay..... but if you didn't want to paint them then they would look awful like that wouldn't they!

in the Brisa Q&A it does say you can use opaque tips so long as you use pink or clear..... Thats why I wanted to know how to use white tips, and natural come to think of it.

Some peeps like the totally natural look without polish....

hmmm.

Technically, you can use French Tips... its just not recommended as you can prevent UV exposure in the lower layers of the gel. This is obviously avoidable by curing in thinner layers.
As far as blending a French tip. I would as soon eat my elbow. Whats the point to blend in a French tip.
Cut our and pretailor (just as you would with any tip). However, in saying that... You are still going to be pulling a bunch of clear/pink over the white tip and I think that looks a bit off. Why not just use the POW? Seems a bit easier.

o. and yes, it is much stronger to apply over a blended tip than a non blended tip.

Hope this helps

The Nail Geek said:
hmmm.

Technically, you can use French Tips... its just not recommended as you can prevent UV exposure in the lower layers of the gel. This is obviously avoidable by curing in thinner layers.
As far as blending a French tip. I would as soon eat my elbow. Whats the point to blend in a French tip.
Cut our and pretailor (just as you would with any tip). However, in saying that... You are still going to be pulling a bunch of clear/pink over the white tip and I think that looks a bit off. Why not just use the POW? Seems a bit easier.

o. and yes, it is much stronger to apply over a blended tip than a non blended tip.

Hope this helps

Yeah I can see how using the POW is alot easier.... its just that seeing other gel nails using the white tips especially in the first instance, I wondered how it would work in Brisa's case..... Does this mean then that the risk of undercuring applies to white tips full stop no matter what gel you use or is this specific to Brisa?

Also does this mean then that if you were to do a french manicure on a clients own nails...i.e.. not using forms or tips, that there is a risk of undercuring? Would you use POW or Sculpting white?

And what about the use of a natural tip for someone who doesn't want a french manicured look but wants to extend the length of the nail... ?

Latest posts

Back