white tips ON TOP of clear tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tickled Pink!

Reaction score
Just been reading the August edition of PN (catching up after my holidays) and there is a step-by-step technique on page 19 to create the illusion of a long nail bed by using a clear tip first and the a white tip glued over it...
Has anyone tried (or even heard) of this before? I know loads use CND Flawless Pink to give the illusion of a longer nail bed but i would be interested to have a go at this method...
I'll have to soak one of mine off, chop the nail right down and give it a whirl!

Yep I do this with one of my clients who is a nail bitter, She only bites 2 of her nails. So I apply white tips to her good nails and then use a clear tip blended in and then glue the white tip at the same height as the others.
They look great and don't seem to be weaker than the others.
Hths

A great method for nail biters when you are a fibreglass Technician..............
As you know Faye and myself are firstly Fibreglass Technicians and we found this method brill as we didn't have the choice of using the FAb More Than White ..............
We started doing this a few years ago..........

We call it piggy backing......................
Just make sure that you shape the first tip application to mirror the well of the french tip.....pre taylor the french tip leaving the ears in place......... that's the sides of the tips smile line......
Fit it together like a jig saw puzzle............. so it butts on nicely and not to much of a step and proceed with you fibreglass or silk overlay........

Faye and I used this method for fibreglass clients who liked the french look but didn't have the nailplates to accomodate this.................
But we didn't use the clear tips we used the natural tips...........

We now create this illusion with More Than White...............
But it is still a good trick if all else fails.................
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I`ve never done this myself but surely you still see where their free edge finished don`t you? You`d still have to disguise this with something, or is it me just being thick on this ungodly hour on a sunday

Debs said:
I`ve never done this myself but surely you still see where their free edge finished don`t you? You`d still have to disguise this with something, or is it me just being thick on this ungodly hour on a sunday

this is what i was thinking debs. Maybe a natural tip would be better otherwise you'd have to use something like flawless pink to disguise in anycase. i'm keen to have a go. In the article it said there is no need to blend the clear one, just take off the shine

I noticed that too but in my opinion you still see the line where the clear tips finish so I always blend them.

Latest posts

Back