white tips with black technicolor?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsharon

Reaction score
hi ,had i client asking about getting enhancements but instead of getting the clear or pink l&p she would like black,how would i keep the black from touching the tip or could i use french fins (nsi) and she wants a playboy nailart sticker applyed would i enbed it into the acrylic or put it on before i do the buffing ,iv actually seen those nails done like that as thay have wee diamonti above the pb but i think they are a full false nail ,what do u guys think:irked:

I've done black and white french before. I do reverse application the same as P&W.
I do the zones 1&2 first with black powder & than butt upto the black with white powder.

i do the same as beautynails using the reverse application technique, if the white slightly bleeds over the black this is rectified once you do your finishing filing.

i'd paint it on, then it wouldn't be so .... permanent

hi,the girl wants white french tips would that still work doing the reverse application:rolleyes:iv never done a reverse either :irked:

Do you mean you're only using white tips? No white L&P?

Do you mean you're only using white tips? No white L&P?
hi , yes iv never done a white l&p ,well i have but a sculp but most of the clients i have go for the tips iv only done white L&P on nail biters:irked:.

U need to sculpt the full set or overlay the full set.. you cant use white tips and get the result she wants... you will need to create the white tip and not rely on a white plastic tip to do it for you :)

hi , yes iv never done a white l&p ,well i have but a sculp but most of the clients i have go for the tips iv only done white L&P on nail biters:irked:.
If you can sculpt P&W you can do a tip & overlay the same way. Just use a clear or natural tip instead of your white one.
Doing black & white french is no different to doing P&W just using different colours.
Your best to do your whites with L&P. If your not confident with that & really want to use a white tip, use white L&P over it.

hi guys only a day away from my first b&w ,but im still not too sure about it ,iv done a few runs on my nail trainer but im still no happy with it ,i cant seem to get zone 1 & 2 smooth iv got a few bumps as i cant go over the full nail tip as it will bleed into the white AAAAAhhhhhhh its driving me nuts it is really worth doing :cry:.Has anyone got a pic so i know roughly what the finishes nail should look like ,im no showing you mine as you`ll all :smack: me :rolleyes:lol

hi guys only a day away from my first b&w ,but im still not too sure about it ,iv done a few runs on my nail trainer but im still no happy with it ,i cant seem to get zone 1 & 2 smooth iv got a few bumps as i cant go over the full nail tip as it will bleed into the white AAAAAhhhhhhh its driving me nuts it is really worth doing :cry:.Has anyone got a pic so i know roughly what the finishes nail should look like ,im no showing you mine as you`ll all :smack: me :rolleyes:lol

how about doing the black thinly and then building the nail with clear.

how about doing the black thinly and then building the nail with clear.
hi ,aye i could do that ,i think im thinking too much about it i get myself all stressed out i should just go for it ,usually when i do that it works out well 99% of the time ,nae 95% mare like :smack::lol:

have you tried a reverse application ?

fit and blend a tip or put a form on,
put black in zone 2 and 3
white on tip
build nail with clear
and then finish and gloss as usual.

hi ,no this was my first time iv tried it and i did it on my trainer hand ,i put the tip on but i found my black from zone 1&2 was bleeding into the white tip,would i wait til the black has hardened then do the white L&P :-/

if the black is bleeding are you using too much monomer?

if the black is bleeding are you using too much monomer?
hi becca ,yes i think your right i was thinking that earlier ,im just needing to take my time ,maybe have a quick go again 2m before i go to my client ,maybe this sounds daft but could i do zone 2&3 then put the tip or form on or is that me needing a :smack::rolleyes:

hi ,no this was my first time iv tried it and i did it on my trainer hand ,i put the tip on but i found my black from zone 1&2 was bleeding into the white tip,would i wait til the black has hardened then do the white L&P :-/

yes, do all the 10 blacks
give your brush a real good clean
and then all 10 whites.

right the nights the night for my b&w so il let you guys know how i get on thx for all your suggestions and advice ,dont know what i would do without yous :hug:

if you are using white tips i would have used natural or clear over all off the tips first then apply the black if it goe over the tip it won't matter too much as when you file down it will come off that area xx

hi geeks :hug:,just to let yous all know the black and whites went down well ,i just took my time and got there in the end thx everyone for their suggestions and tips thx guys ,god i love this site :hug:

Latest posts

Back