White tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingers and toes

Reaction score
Hi Ladies
When using white tips (if you use them) what sort are the best please. I find the ones I use are ok if they have long nail beds as they sit lovely. But on short nail beds the wings of the tip sit really high. Almost touching the cuticle.
Could anyone recommend any please for this issue I am having.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    898.7 KB · Views: 129
You will always have this problem with short nails, you need to increase your skills and learn to use Pink & White powder and create your own smile line in relation to what the client needs specifically for their nail shape and length

White tips are fine for beginners but rebalancing is impossible as the natural smile line will show, so they are classed as a bit of a cheat really.

Time for a skill building class and move on to bigger and better things :D

Agree with Trinity . Not sure if you use L and P or Gels but White Tips and gels are an absolute nightmare . Time to learn how to do a French the right way then you will not have any issues . Its an invaluable skill to have and quite honestly you can't offer a complete service without being able to do this
x

Agree with Trinity . Not sure if you use L and P or Gels but White Tips and gels are an absolute nightmare . Time to learn how to do a French the right way then you will not have any issues . Its an invaluable skill to have and quite honestly you can't offer a complete service without being able to do this
x
Thanks for your reply. I use L&P but never been asked for French till now.
All the salons round my area use white tips so my question was just wondering how they all get away it with so many peoples different nails!
But yes I agree time to practise the right way.
I think Geeg also put a post on with white tips.

All the salons round my area use white tips so my question was just wondering how they all get away it with so many peoples different nails!

Geeg posted thousands of replies and I miss her massively on here. Read anything and everything she ever posted, you will not find a better source of knowledge and information.

Well if all the salons around you use white tips thats even MORE reason to learn how to do it with your L & P as that will set you apart from the others . It will be much more versatile and then you will have no problem with short nails or even bitten nails

Get yourself booked on a 1 to 1 , you wont regret it
x

I only ever use white tips on myself because I really struggle to do a neat smile line on my right hand.

Learning how to do a L&P French that way you can customise the smile line to suit individual clients, and like has been said it will set you apart from all the other salons, it's also a great technique to perfect to offer glitter tips etc.

If you can't or don't want to there are some white tips with smile lines that aren't as deep as the ones you are using. Deep smile lines only really suit longer nails otherwise the whole pink to white balance looks wrong.

Latest posts

Back