white tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelly A

Reaction score
hi everyone, ive recently aquired some white tips with cut out stars on them. Do i just gel over the top and the cut outs stay there or do i have to do anything else with them?
thanks x

Never done this before, but I think you would need to put forms underneath the tips after they're applied, then cover with gel and cure. The forms are to keep the gel from running all over the place. Make sense?

Sounds interesting though, can you post a pic when you've done them? I would like to see :)

Laura

Yeah, they sound really good hun!!
Please post a pic once you've tried um!!
xxxxxxxxxx

I've not heard of them before either, but i would more then interested to see how they turn out.

Good luck with them

Yes, you'll need to put forms on them
BUT
I 'think' you'll need to put the form on upside down, if that makes sense? Sticky side up underneath?

I recently bought a heart shaped hole punch, and tried to gel over it, using builder.. and even the builder 'drooped' through the hole.
Mind you.. it was a self levelling builder...
If you have a VERY stiff builder (perhaps like nailite's euro gel? dont know if you've ever tried it?) that will likely stay put.
I'll be trying that one next time.

I just ordered a maple leaf shaped punch to do "Canada Day" nail art and am looking forward to trying it.

hths'

Ooooh where are you lot getting all these fancy things?

fats28 said:
Ooooh where are you lot getting all these fancy things?

You can get pattern hole-punches at arts & crafts stores, scrapbooking stores, and stationary/office supply stores.

I've seen the white tips she's speaking of advertised in Nailpro magazine.
When I have a moment, I'll look up the distributor.

hths'

I noticed that Cesars Secrets had an advert in Scratch mag showing different white tips with shapes cut out on them, yes you need to put a form under the tip after you have applied it and then use either colouted gel or acryic on the cut outs...

they look amazing, and I am definately going to get them..

michelle16 said:
I noticed that Cesars Secrets had an advert in Scratch mag showing different white tips with shapes cut out on them, yes you need to put a form under the tip after you have applied it and then use either colouted gel or acryic on the cut outs...

they look amazing, and I am definately going to get them..
the trouble with these tips with stars and moons and cut out shapes on them is when you cut the tip to size you end up with one star or whatever shape ison them.You get about 3 stars on the tip so unless you wear your tips like sam(big brother)you cut all the shape of wot a waste of money.

I use a hole-punch and put the shapes right where I want them.
And that way, I can hole-punch ANY tip I want.
A coloured tip, gelly tip, glass tip etc...

:wink2:

I don't think you would have to put the form upside down. If it's applied properly, the gel will not leak underneath. A properly applied form will not have any gaps between the natural nail (or tip in this case) and the form.

also try pro impressions for fancy tips.

Carmen said:
I don't think you would have to put the form upside down. If it's applied properly, the gel will not leak underneath. A properly applied form will not have any gaps between the natural nail (or tip in this case) and the form.

that's what I thought too, but a tutorial I read in I think it was 'nailpro' suggested the reverse.. not sure why.. so just repeating what I read.
:wink2:

shelly A said:
hi everyone, ive recently aquired some white tips with cut out stars on them. Do i just gel over the top and the cut outs stay there or do i have to do anything else with them?
thanks x

Oh gosh i was going to make the exact same post today! a friend gave me a sample pack of the white tips with stars cut out and i was going to try them on myself. you can buy the punchers from BMNE suppliers i think in oz.
cant wait to see a pic! :)

also i was thinking as the gel would most likely 'leak' could you just do a quick really thin layer of clear gel then QUICKLY cure? it shouldnt leak thru if its done quick should it?

I have those white tips with hearts cut out but I have to say that I have never tried them with gel. What I did for Valentines Day is that I glued a red tip and on top of it I glued the white tips with hearts cut out. Then I overlayed it with acrylic. This is what I got
http://www.nailsbynidia.com/valentine1.jpg
Maybe you can try this idea with the tips you have. It makes applying this tips a lot easier plus they look different as well.

Nidia

Very pretty:!:
But, must have made for a bulky enhancement? 2 tips?

VHunter said:
Very pretty:!:
But, must have made for a bulky enhancement? 2 tips?

Yea they look lovely, I was also thinking of that, were they bulky??? :rolleyes:

Actually, they were not bulky at all. The red tip is actually very thin. I really did not like the red tips and I had stop using them since they were so thin. That is when I decided to place them together (the red tip and white tip) and I like the way they looked together. I got those red tips from this website http://www.transdesign.com/Tips/Nail%20Tip%20Color.htm
I only use that brand for the two tip design. If I just want to apply a red tip by itself I really like the colored tips from this brand http://www.transdesign.com/Tips/Nail%20Tip%20Color.htm

Nidia

Sounds really good! Although with the heart designs on the white tips, for the clients who can't really have long nails or can't get use to long nails won't be able to have those tips wil they? Coz it means cutting down the tips and that wil make the hearts disappear!

Latest posts

Back