Whiteheads after waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kymmie

Reaction score
Hi
Please could you tell me if its normal to get white head type spots after waxing? I had waxing for the first time a few weeks ago and got lots of little white spots afterwards. What causes them and is there anything that can be done to avoid them? Hot wax was used :)
Thanks I'm advance for any replies

White heads can occur in hot weather due to sweating in the area hun x

It's nothing to do with anything really other than bad luck. Most don't get them, some do. Some find they get them on their top lip after strip waxing but not hot waxing.

Apply nappy rash cream straight after waxing. It's generally does the trick.

Thank you both for your replies xx

Sorry to butt in, if anyone has any suggestions please say I waxed my lip last night and it now looks awful what can I do to prevent it in future / stop it now? Thanks xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390583450.397739.jpg

Take an anti histamine and put sudocrem on it.

Anti histamines really do work used to get it constantly until someone on here recommended it to me :)

Anti histamines really do work used to get it constantly until someone on here recommended it to me :)

It is because the reaction is a histamine reaction.The body is reacting to the hairs being pulled out and sending lots of lymph to the area to heal its doing what the body should do but in some people,especially when waxing the area for the first time its over zealous.
The white spots are the dead cells coming to the surface known to us as pus.

I took an antihistamine.... This is the 6th time I've had it waxed and it always does it :( I'll try sudocream! Thanks xx

I took an antihistamine.... This is the 6th time I've had it waxed and it always does it :( I'll try sudocream! Thanks xx

Try changing the wax. What wax do you use.
I don't use tea tree wax anymore as I have found a few people have reacted to it. A hot wax is more gentle.
It may also be your pre cleanse or after lotion.Some are very perfumed and highly coloured.
If you are doing yourself it is also quite hard to pull the skin taught enough for the least trauma.

I have a few clients who get this so I use cold compresses and an alcohol based cleanser after I wax (doesn't matter if I use hot or strip or sugar it still happens with some clients)

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I've had this after having my top lip threaded this week, luckily only a few spots but still not nice :-(

I use just a basic wax from Sally's, it happens even if someone else waxes my lip, also happens to my eyebrows!! I use a soothing gel after but nothing before just wipe over with water xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390601556.797228.jpg

I waxed my lip for the first time in about 6+ months and four days in and I haven't got the little white heads come up - a first for me. I made sure to pre cleanse with witch hazel and then again after I waxed then put bepanthen on.
Rizz, you should definitely add an antibacterial cleanser before at least to try and avoid this happening...

This happens if I have waxed my eyebrows and put make up on again after I know I shouldn't but who wants a big red brow lol!

We stock and retail Jane Iredale which is perfect for after waxing as it's a very pure mineral make up. It actually helps to calm the area and is a great retail link - I always offer it to gents or ladies to calm the redness!

When these spots have happened to clients, I just think as Kim has said that it's bad luck. Must say I have had no reports of it since using non strip wax on the face!

Vicki x

I use witchhazel before and after waxing top lips and then apply nappy rash ointment. It stops the white heads. Some clients find a cold compress helps...

Latest posts

Back