Whites not quite white

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kellie311970

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've just done a set of P&W sculpted nails. (Still practising my L&P as recently converted)
I'm quite pleased with the results but finding that when I top up in places on the white (after applying the pink) that I get shadows where I've topped up. (Hope I'm making sense)
Should I perfect the whites before I apply any pink ? Am I dragging pink over the whites ? Is this causing the shadows ?

I hope I've just answered my own question but wonder if any of you have any pointers you can offer.

Did the sculpts in just over an hour but spent at least another hour filing and buffing. Got muscles on my muscles now.

Hope this gets easier :oops:

Cheers
Kellie

Hi Hun ,
Well we seem to be in the same learning boat lol..........
Here is what I do and I get great whites.........
As you sculpt your white, make a little dip behind the white, like a little ditch,towards zone 2.........................
Then when you apply your pink, the flat of the brush will catch the pink and then leave the white nice and bright..................
I hope I have explained this...........the geeks tutorial is great for that..look under million dollar smiles...............all the tricks of the trade are there.................
When you run the pink over the white it dulls it, so I dont...........

hpw76.jpg

hpw77.jpg

hope thishelps ya Hun
love Ruth xxxxxxx

Hi Ruth,
Thanks for that. Those nails look great. 8)

Cheers
Kellie

Hi Ruth

I'm sure you mentioned in one of your recent posts that you have only recently started doing acrylics, so I can't believe how good they look. Do you have a trick for making the nail plate look longer than it is or was it a trick of the camera? Also, how do you get such a high shine, do you use a top coat or good old elbow grease?

Anyway, this is my first post to the board, although I've been logging on for ages and absolutley love it and have learned so much.

regards
Sue

Right first things first...................
The pictures above are not sculpted................... I used thoses to show you how white the smiles can be, if you dont take the pink over the white.........
I did white smiles on tips hence the nailbed looking so nice and long...........

For the shine, yes thats elbow grease , I use scrubfresh over the nail and then buff with a girlfriend buffer......................

I love sculpting more then tipping, I found doing the smiles a lot easier that way................but the priciple is the same............

This is a sculpted, glitter and pink, same principle again, no pink pulled over the glitter.................
hpw72.jpg

I just found that practicing every night for 1hour helped me more then sitting there a whole day and trying , to do a good job, but thats just me..........
Still got a long way to go yet .................

love Ruth xxxx

hi ruth,
is that a nail trainer you did the sculpts on ? i really cant make my mind up as to buying one, r they really good, i am really struggling with sculpting my heads spinning :squish:
lovely nails !!!!!!
bye for now dawn.

Hi Dawn,
yes it's a Nail trainer, I couldn't live without mine now..............
Always there at hand so to speak.......
Well worth the miney I think.........
love Ruth xxxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back