Who actually does treatments on themselves?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fats28

Reaction score
I'm wondering how many people do treatments that they offer on themselves, probably more towards the people who don't have a salon.

On a slightly lighter note (particularly if you have children) how the hell do you do it? I tried yesterday to 1. wax my own legs, I am more than capable of doing it have the certs and the lot. However throw a 6 year old girl who initially wanted to watch, then wanted to help and I ended up with a latex glove stuck to my leg:lol: 2. facial, mmmm that will be relaxing probably wold have been if my children hadn't had their faces an inch away from mine and as a result I hadn't got masque in my eye. I didn't bother with the manicure the prospect of listening to my daughter going can you do mine every 10 seconds was too much to bear!!

On a serious note though do you all keep up to the treatments you offer on yourself as you would suggest your clients do, or is it a case of if you have time to fit it in.

Luckily for me my mum is a beauty therapist (Im a nail tech) and even though she lives in Essex when she comes to visit I give her a pedicure and she waxes my eyebrows! We have always swapped treatments this way and I have to say its very handy lol :green:

Ami

PS why can children not except the word yes the first time - "Can you do mine after" "yes" 10 seconds later " Can you do mine after" - "yes" :rolleyes: lol!!!

Well I'm having a break from it at the moment cos I just can't be bothered with my own (shame on me I know :smack:) but normally I do my own nails. Have done for years. Think I deserve a break. :lol: I've been flat out for quite a while and when I've got a spare minute I just don't feel like doing mine. (Love doing other peoples but mine are just a chore - anyone else feel like that?) Boy, I miss them though . . .

Lol kids eh? xxx

I sort myself out when the kids have gone to bed otherwise I just wouldnt be able to cope! lol!!! My daughter would be in my face demanding her nails to be painted and my son would be demanding spiders on his nails!
xxx

I TRY to do my own nails. I always try to give myself a paraffin pedicure, but if i don't have time or can't be bothered, then i either just do foot cream with cling film or do a different colour varnish! I get my husband to tan me though!!
I also have a very interested nearly 3 yr old daughter who always wants her nails filed and when we are tanning, she sees the tent and strips off wanting her turn!! LOL It's so funny!

I am only 22 so i don't have the kid prob yet! But i do my own L&P nails and toes, do my tan, wax my legs and my brows and tint my own lashes!

I cant even imagine any of that happening when i have a kid tho... I find it a chore now.... never mind when i have a kid swinging from my neck! i will have to get others to do it for me then!

xx

Latest posts

Back