Who did you train with??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink-nails

Reaction score
Hi

I have recently completed a basic nail extensions course, and am mow thinking of training to become a qualified nail technician? Can i ask which colleges/companies those of you who are qualified used?

Thanks

creative nails. I think they have a really good education system

How long did the course last and approx how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

as i had already done a basic nails course i just did the 1 day conversion courses with CND for L&P, Brisa gel and Fabric# but you usually have to have been doing nails for 12 months to do these....their foundation course is 5 days split up... i think it is 3 days one after the other then a few weeks later the fourth day and again a few weeks later the fifth day....but dont quote me on that, someone on here will correct me if i am wrong. you can phone the creative nails academy on 0113 275 0433 and get a folio sent to you with all the info in...they really are a great training company and will answer any questions you might have when you phone.

I can't say ......as my qualifications were different in the States from where you live.....But just wanted to say good luck on your education....whomever you choose......this is a fab industry! :)

Starnails and then Biogel but after I have my baby I want to do a creative conversion.

i did my basic nail extensions with star nails, and was thinking of going with them, i think they do a 5 day course? What did you think of them?

pink-nails said:
i did my basic nail extensions with star nails, and was thinking of going with them, i think they do a 5 day course? What did you think of them?

I think they were very good at training but I don't think the products are that good, they are they cheaper end of the market but for training I think it's ideal. I still spent a fortune with them though!

yes, i only paid £24 for the 20 hour course but the kit was about £85, but they had none of these left so i had to purchase a murcia one for about £65, don't think much of their products as the powder is very cloudy and hard to get a shine.

I trained with Ezflow, they were excellent. Creative are also very good, and Ive heard some say that nsi are good too. Do your research, as some of the cheaper courses arnt that in depth, and I know that a few people have ended up going with Crative/ezflow etc afterwards anyway cos they didnt feel like they learnt enough.hths:hug:

nailaholic said:
I trained with Ezflow, they were excellent. Creative are also very good, and Ive heard some say that nsi are good too. Do your research, as some of the cheaper courses arnt that in depth, and I know that a few people have ended up going with Crative/ezflow etc afterwards anyway cos
they didnt feel like they learnt enough.hths:hug:

Thats what i am worried about, as it will cost about £500 for star nails and i don't want to have to do further training becuase i am not confident enough:cry:

pink-nails said:
[/b]

Thats what i am worried about, as it will cost about £500 for star nails and i don't want to have to do further training becuase i am not confident enough:cry:

I did a 10 week course with ezflow, and it was only £400. It was18 months ago, but I cant see it been that much diff now. I know they do training all over the UK, but not sure where, if you pm sparklepink she will be able to tell you, shes an ezflow educator. If youve alredy done a basic course, you could just do a conversion in your chosen system, which is cheaper.

I did my training with The Nail Company in Weybridge. They are independant but also an assessment centre for NVQ. They use Star to train you with. I moved on to IBD and did a conversion with them. I dont do much in the way of L & P or silk/fglass.

The course was about 6 days with lots of time in between to practise. Then obvioulsy the exams.

I did all my training with creative, I had never even had an enhancement on when I went so I was in for a shock, the training and follow up advise is brill and the products are some of the best on the market, you get what you pay for I am afraid.

I do get a lot of clients who come and book with me because I use creative they say they have had others but like them best so maybe that is something to think of too, i.e. what will clients prefer

I did my training at college, but I'm off to do my conversion course in July and I so can't wait.

i did 3 essential nails home learn courses, then did ezflow acrylic nail course then ezflow design course

Im doing a course at the mo with Lechat. I searched through loads of courses as I wanted to get the best one. At the moment they have an offer on for a 7 day course for £645. I was a total newbie to it all but have got them perfected now. Im having a 1-2-1 course and Im so pleased with it. I can also go on to nvq if i wish. I would give them a look, they have acadameys all over the country.:Love:

In college,or still in college but only 1 week left and im qualified:)

Delisnails said:
I did all my training with creative, I had never even had an enhancement on when I went so I was in for a shock, the training and follow up advise is brill and the products are some of the best on the market, you get what you pay for I am afraid.

I do get a lot of clients who come and book with me because I use creative they say they have had others but like them best so maybe that is something to think of too, i.e. what will clients prefer
I agree - my clients were pleased to see that I used Creative - and I enjoyed the education xx

emmad said:
I did my training with The Nail Company in Weybridge. They are independant but also an assessment centre for NVQ. They use Star to train you with. I moved on to IBD and did a conversion with them. I dont do much in the way of L & P or silk/fglass.

The course was about 6 days with lots of time in between to practise. Then obvioulsy the exams.

I did mine with them too.

Latest posts

Back