Who do I check with about fair rent?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsXpress

Reaction score
im currently renting a beauty room and a desk space within a Hair & beauty salon. It is just myself and the Hairdresser there. The landlord has just informed me that the Hairdresser isn’t happy that I pay less rent than her. This is because she uses more gas, water and electric than I do. She is now thinking and in talks with the landlord about renting the whole salon from him and then SHE will charge me rent. Ie I sublet from her instead of the landlord.
Is this allowed and how do I find out what is a fair/reasonable rent, as if this happens, I know the Hairdresser will increase my rent considerably.

Hi, this is potentially a tricky situation.
She could charge you whatever she wants to - the question is whether you’d pay it .... !!!! .... or whether you’d move if you didn’t like the price increase.

Can I ask why and how she knows what you pay ... as it really wasn’t her business, but between you & the landlord.

Hope it goes well for you,

Hi, this is potentially a tricky situation.
She could charge you whatever she wants to - the question is whether you’d pay it .... !!!! .... or whether you’d move if you didn’t like the price increase.

Can I ask why and how she knows what you pay ... as it really wasn’t her business, but between you & the landlord.

Hope it goes well for you,

Thank you Sanilulu. The landlord told her!! She’s known since last year when we had our last increase. So annoyed at him. Puts me in a difficult situation if she does go ahead and takes over. I can’t afford to pay more than I’ve agreed with the landlord direct.

Rent charges are a combination of what the landlord would like to receive and what the tenant wants to pay.. You either pay it or walk.

Latest posts

Back